• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency won't pay full invoice value

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that Mailman and Lone Gunman agree with me on this approach.

I'm getting heartily sick of the 'roll over a die take it on the chin let the EB stick one over on you to stay outside IR35 brigade on here.' According to them unless you are completely exploitative you are not really in business.

About time they were exposed as either being EB representatives or mentally subnormal. Whichever it is, they shouldn't be here.

Comment

Hey mate, screw it.

If you have a timesheet with both signiatures on it, they gotta pay it. If its just your sig, then tough.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
        Hey mate, screw it.

If you have a timesheet with both signiatures on it, they gotta pay it. If its just your sig, then tough.
        Remeber though the client changed the timesheet after he signed it (which is why you always get a copy of the timsheet).

The client will probably just say "we agreed to that change...look you signed it".

To be fair for under £200 I'd rather say **** it have less, stress hassle and be down the pub with my mates.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
          About time they were exposed as either being EB representatives or mentally subnormal. Whichever it is, they shouldn't be here.
          A bitter and twisted approach, I grant you.

They asked for advice. I gave them advice.

They didn't pay me for it. They don't have to follow it.

Why are you getting so steamed up (and insulting) about these things?

Note:this can be a rhetorical question - you don't have to answer it; however knowing how you love to have the last word...
          Last edited by cojak; 4 January 2007, 20:01.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
            A bitter and twisted approach, I grant you.

They asked for advice. I gave them advice.

They didn't pay me for it. They don't have to follow it.

Why are you getting so steamed up (and insulting) about these things?
            Maybe Denny is secretly and EB rep or mentally sub normal.

Comment

My £0.02

This has nothing to do with the EB at all. This is a dispute between what the Op and the client view as time worked.

As far as I can see no-one has changed any timesheets at all. The Op left one to be signed and pressumably doesn't have one saying 14 days signed by the client. The fact that you've signed it doesn't mean the client agrees.

Also the Op left at 2:20 to go home early saying they would make up the 40mins the next week. At what point did a 2:20 finish become a proffesional working day!! The fact that you have a 130 mile drive is not the clients problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                Also the Op left at 2:20 to go home early saying they would make up the 40mins the next week. At what point did a 2:20 finish become a proffesional working day!! The fact that you have a 130 mile drive is not the clients problem.
                Agreed. Depends on the circumstances but I just had a pimp phone me at 7pm - at least for all thier flaws you can say they were hard working and put the hours in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  . . . I just had a pimp phone me at 7pm - at least for all thier flaws you can say they were hard working and put the hours in.
                  Maybe they just take 2 hour lunches and work late so you feel sorry for them.

Comment

NEVER leave a timesheet with your sig on it to get signed and then sent on, on your last day, go and hassle the feckers to sign it while you are there.

In this case it's your screw up, doesn't matter how far you take it if there is a timesheet with your sig and the clients sig on it for 13.5 days and you want 14 days it's tough. If you went to court they would say well here is a timesheet with your sig on saying you agree to 13.5, not 14. Case dismissed.

Chalk it up to experiance because you are never going to get the money out of them, and this is nothing to do with "letting clients do this to your business", it is a case of you let it happen by not getting the timesheet signed yourself and checking the hours before it was submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                      NEVER leave a timesheet with your sig on it to get signed and then sent on, on your last day, go and hassle the feckers to sign it while you are there.
                      I agree. I don't understand why you'd leave your timesheet with somebody else on your last day. Get it signed there and then before you leave the building.

Clearly they're trying it on to save a little bit, but you shouldn't have made it that easy for them.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X