• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with setup everything on FreeAgent and carry on with diy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with setup everything on FreeAgent and carry on with diy

I want to change my accountant.

Looking for someone to help with setting up everything on FreeAgent. After 6 to 12 Months looking to stop using Accountant and do everything myself.

I don't mind starting with an Accountant for first year until one personal tax return is done and one company tax return is done.

Anyone done similar thing already?

Any Accountant posting here willing to help out?

I am an IT contractor with everything standard.

Quarterly VAT
    Monthly payroll
    Pension contribution
    Personal Tax return
    Company Tax return

Anything I am missing?

Yep, there are people on here who do all their accounts themselves, using FA. It's not all that tough. I do everything myself except the CT calculation/submission

I haven't gone 100% DIY because I like a fresh pair of eyes over things at the end of the year and the option of having someone to ask when I have questions.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Yep, there are people on here who do all their accounts themselves, using FA. It's not all that tough. I do everything myself except the CT calculation/submission

I haven't gone 100% DIY because I like a fresh pair of eyes over things at the end of the year and the option of having someone to ask when I have questions.
      Not very many. Plenty that come on saying they want to do it and then asking a host of really basic questions when it's all going wrong though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I didn't try to quantify how many. I just know that they do exist! I don't use FA so can't help with any specific questions on that side of things

Comment

I am considering this. How do you manage the payments to the accountants, do you keep them on for the whole year as a full-time service or do you pay one off for individual services?

Comment

Thank you.

Further to this, HSBC do not support FA for bank feed or atleast I cannot see an option listed. (I stand to be corrected.)
            They do support QuickBooks. Any Accountant using QuickBooks please?

Comment

Originally posted by siphr View Post
              I am considering this. How do you manage the payments to the accountants, do you keep them on for the whole year as a full-time service or do you pay one off for individual services?
              One annual payment on completion of the full set of accounts. Forgot to say they also do the final accounts prep and submission to CoHo in addition to CT.

Costs me about £500 + vat.

Comment

Originally posted by legal View Post
                Thank you.

Further to this, HSBC do not support FA for bank feed or atleast I cannot see an option listed. (I stand to be corrected.)
                They do support QuickBooks. Any Accountant using QuickBooks please?
                Sage One connects directly to HSBC

Comment

Sage One connects directly to HSBC
                  Yes the listed one's are: Xero, Sage and Quickbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by legal View Post
                    I want to change my accountant.

Looking for someone to help with setting up everything on FreeAgent. After 6 to 12 Months looking to stop using Accountant and do everything myself.

I don't mind starting with an Accountant for first year until one personal tax return is done and one company tax return is done.

Anyone done similar thing already?

Any Accountant posting here willing to help out?

I am an IT contractor with everything standard.

Quarterly VAT
                    Monthly payroll
                    Pension contribution
                    Personal Tax return
                    Company Tax return

Anything I am missing?
                    What you’re missing is the simple fact that the easiest part of doing this is setting up the accounts initially. If you need an accountant to do that but, what makes you think you can handle the rest yourself?
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X