• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small claims - Agency outside of UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Given your post from last year, consider this. If you smell dog sh*t everywhere you go - check your shoes.

Start: Monday 28th January
    First invoice issued: Friday evening 9th February for two weeks effort
    Agency receive invoice next working day: Monday 11th February
    Invoice due 30 days after receipt: 13th March.

Today's date: 1st March... 12 days to go before payment.

Which part of The 30 days is from the date of the invoice, not the date you began the work you invoiced for are you failing to understand?
    Which part of my post are you failing to understand ?

Invoice on 31st this was confirmed as my first day by agency .
    Payment 30 days later hits this weekend but they don't process on a weekend hence this Friday . This is all confirmed by the agency none of this processing in between as you have pointed out.

After numerous mails today it was confirmed I will be paid Tues or Wed followed by another mail to say 30 days from now , followed by a final email today the 6th March. So they have technically breached contract with the 30 day period , more concerning is their balls up to actually arrange a confirmed paymebt date.
    Topped off with the fact I still cannot enter timesheets anymore which has not been resolved

Hence my original question about taking them to court if I have to leave as I don't work for free and I'm not a friggin charity.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay69 View Post

Payment 30 days later hits this weekend but they don't process on a weekend hence this Friday . This is all confirmed by the agency none of this processing in between as you have pointed out.

After numerous mails today it was confirmed I will be paid Tues or Wed followed by another mail to say 30 days from now , followed by a final email today the 6th March. So they have technically breached contract with the 30 day period , more concerning is their balls up to actually arrange a confirmed paymebt date.
      Topped off with the fact I still cannot enter timesheets anymore which has not been resolved

Hence my original question about taking them to court if I have to leave as I don't work for free and I'm not a friggin charity.
      Yes you can take them to court.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay69 View Post

If they're based in India then you'll have to take up a legal case in India. Fook only knows how you do that, or who you have to bribe.

If they're actually based in the UK...... then you have to do quite a bit more before going to court. Count it is a last resort. Focus on:
        1) fulfilling the terms in the contract
        2) proving you've done 1 (by timesheet or other)
        3) Invoice correctly
        4) Follow dunning (Google it) processes correctly.
        5) If you then get legal, sort out your grammar or pay for a lawyer. Your grammar is terrible and won't help you if you have to do this.

If you actually do have a contract with an Indian company, based on Indian jurisdiction, then you're a fool.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          If they're based in India then you'll have to take up a legal case in India. Fook only knows how you do that, or who you have to bribe.

If they're actually based in the UK...... then you have to do quite a bit more before going to court. Count it is a last resort. Focus on:
          1) fulfilling the terms in the contract
          2) proving you've done 1 (by timesheet or other)
          3) Invoice correctly
          4) Follow dunning (Google it) processes correctly.
          5) If you then get legal, sort out your grammar or pay for a lawyer. Your grammar is terrible and won't help you if you have to do this.

If you actually do have a contract with an Indian company, based on Indian jurisdiction, then you're a fool.
          You think?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            You think?
            I do.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I do.
              The OP can take you to court for that.

Comment

The OP can take you to court for that.
                You sure?
                I've offered a subjective opinion, on a possible scenario.

Oh. And I'm anonymous.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You sure?
                  I've offered a subjective opinion, on a possible scenario.

Oh. And I'm anonymous.
                  I didn't say he would win. The anonymity is something of a challenge but that should not be a discouragement.

Comment

I didn't say he would win. The anonymity is something of a challenge but that should not be a discouragement.
                    He'd struggle to take me to court as I'm anonymous (albeit a court could possibly make admin provide my personal details).
                    He'd struggle to take an Indian company to court unless he has significant resources to proceed in India.

He'd lose both.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

He'd struggle to take me to court as I'm anonymous (albeit a court could possibly make admin provide my personal details).
                      He'd struggle to take an Indian company to court unless he has significant resources to proceed in India.

He'd lose both.
                      He didn't ask if he would win. Anyway, Incorporated Gladiator Services vs Amalgamated Chutney Spoons shows that a claim for breach of promise would have a reasonable chance of success.

Comment

Working...
                      X