• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange Genie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Genie

Anyone noticed a fall off in service levels from OG recently? Phone rarely answered, emails certainly not answered (get read receipts though) and price rise to boot!

Tried mailing the new customer service director but got nowhere and when I finally got through on the phone to raise an issue was told I can only send them an email.

"But emails are ignored!"
    "You can only send an email to [email protected]"
    "See above"

and round and round....

Another few guys in the office have said they've encountered the same problems too. OG have dropped the ball or we're just unlucky?

Hmmm, ParasolIT here I come....

cheers

Just done the same (moved to Parasol, that is). Although my current contract is so far outside IR35 I may well go back to ltd. The OG price rise was the last straw, Parasol worked out at roughly half-price. There's a link on NFP which gives you £10 chaps payments for a month (if the offer is still running).

Comment

I have done the opposite!

I left Parasol and joined Orangegenie.

Orangegenie cheaper, more flexible and they pay quicker.

The grass is always greener....

Comment

I've switched and swapped over the years but I'm now back with a Ltd and my original accountant, £55 a month and less hastle and admin than with umbrellas. I just invoice and do all my admin once a month and I reckon it takes about an hour. I reckon I also have better control over what's going on. Parasol were OK but a couple of mishaps and it took ages to sort things out. You do need a good acountant though ( ie. organised ), I dabbled with a different one and they made a right mess of things. I ended up doing my own P11D and other bits and bobs as they seemed incapable of sorting it out. I now just deal with one accountant ( the owner ) and one admin person, the other firm got too big and chaos ensued.

Comment

Heh, they've monged up the latest payroll now. Thankfully I've left and just waiting to get money out of em.

The customer services director is rather an unfriendly bloke too. If he fulfills his promise of getting someone to call me back I think I'll ask why he doesn't reply to his e-mails.

Comment

I have done the opposite!

I left Parasol and joined Orangegenie.

Orangegenie cheaper, more flexible and they pay quicker.

How convenient, and your first post too...

From my experience, OrangeGenie have really gone down hill!

I wouldn't be surprised if they went bust in the not too distant future!

Comment

Orangegenie cheaper
              Orangegenie put their charges up to 3%, so on a £40 p/h contract at 40 hours a week, it was going to cost me £48 a week to stay with them.
              Parasol charge £14.95 per week, regardless of the amount. For OG to be cheaper than Parasol, the rate would have to be £12 an hour or less.
              So anyone on less than £12 p/h is better off with OG, but since everyone here (with the exception of Milan) is likely to be on far more than £12 p/h, OG have shot themselves in the foot.
              I was wondering what you'd been smoking...

Comment

Hmmm, they've messed up payroll twice now and don't reply to emails or return phone calls.

I've emailed the Directors, wonder if they'll have the common courtesy to reply. I doubt it somehow...

Comment

Working...
                X