• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting company using online portal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting company using online portal

Any recommendations please?

I need to switch accountants.

More info:

Someone using FreeAgent, clear books etc. I would be happy to do it myself as well.

Has anyone got success doing initial setup themselves with one of these online softwares?
    Last edited by legal; 25 February 2019, 15:32.

What do you mean by online portal? You mean like FreeAgent for bookkeeping data? Or you mean independent of that something to share other sensitive data rather than emailing back and forth?

Comment

Originally posted by legal View Post

portal Archives - Accountants for Contractors, freelancers and small business | accountsnet

Highly recommended by me, secure messaging and loading of documents too.

Let me know if you want to use them so we can share a finder's fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
        What do you mean by online portal? You mean like FreeAgent for bookkeeping data? Or you mean independent of that something to share other sensitive data rather than emailing back and forth?
        My money is on the former and he's just not put any time or effort in to his question or doing his research i.e. the Accountant Recommendation thread.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Most accountants here use and offer online accounting. Check out the sticky for accountant recommendations.

Comment

More info:

Someone using FreeAgent, clear books etc. I would be happy to do it myself as well.

Has anyone got success doing initial setup themselves with one of these online softwares?
            The top thread in this forum ("Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests") may be of use.

Typically you should expect to do the day to day bookkeeping yourself (though some firms offer that too as part of a larger fee), with the accountant overseeing, helping with trickier bits, and submitting the more statutory stuff.

I'd recommend getting an accountant involved from the outset. Cost shouldn't be prohibitive, and better that than you DIYing for 6-12 months in anticipation of only getting the accountant to do year end bits, then find you missed out on some easy wins. Many things can't be done retrospectively.

Comment

Working...
            X