• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When will this IR35 Nightmare end?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IAmContractor View Post
    Lets not get personal . I like to think I am a very good contractor. However there are mitigating circumstances, at play. I am (probably) sucking this up until the project ends. To be fair my net earning are (more or less the same as before IR35), just with a few annoyances (like being referred to by a PM at my client as a "development resource" the other day FFS!)

However, in a 16 year contracting career where I have largely traveled and worked away from home, I have to admit I am enjoying being within 5 miles of home, working flexible hours that I dictate, working from home when I dictate. Plus the work is (somewhat) noddy, leaving me plenty of time to experiment with more advanced techniques to keep things interesting and my skills progressing. So while the IR35 thing is annoying, mis-guided, and only in place due to my client lack of understanding, I suppose the whole thing is a set of trade offs.

I have however made it clear I will NEVER be an employee.
    So it's not really a nightmare then, and my advice, which is certainly an option for a nightmare gig, isn't really relevant.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Last edited by IAmContractor; 18 December 2018, 00:06.

Comment

So what are you annoyed with? IR35, your agents accountant or the fact you didn’t realise that you underpaid £20k tax.

£20k seems like a lot to not realise?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IAmContractor View Post
            That's so easy to say.

Then ir35 hit; I was clearly I'll prepared and I'll informed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
            What??

Sent from my laptop using a keyboard.

Comment

Comment

Did you start before you knew it was within scope of IR35? I’d have thought the client would need to state this before any contracts are signed.

It’s not hindsight. It’s research and taking responsibility.

Comment

Last edited by IAmContractor; 18 December 2018, 00:05.

Comment

You seem quite annoyed that your not living like a king.

Not sure what you want from this tread that isn’t discussed thousands of times in other threads.

Lots of people and organisations have tried to fight IR35 but ultimately there aren’t enough people in the country who care.

Comment

Last edited by IAmContractor; 18 December 2018, 00:05.

Comment

Working...
                      X