• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online filing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online filing

If accounts (or anything else) are files online with HMRC but the work is done by an accountant, where does the cash incentive go? I assume to the accountants client (i.e. us!).......

I wold more than unhappy if it didn't, since for the accountant to keep it would be illegal (unless he charged you that amount as a service charge of course...)
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Tax Rebate

Originally posted by Mustang
      If accounts (or anything else) are files online with HMRC but the work is done by an accountant, where does the cash incentive go? I assume to the accountants client (i.e. us!).......
      Yes, it always goes to the client....i.e. you.

Comment

I presume you mean the PAYE Annual Retrun incentive? The rebate should go to the client!

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Before I get back to my accountant, can the money be held in a tax account to offset future tax liability?

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Before I get back to my accountant, can the money be held in a tax account to offset future tax liability?
            The Revenue prefer you to offset it against the next year's PAYE/NIC liabilities, so your accountant should deduct it automatically.

Alan

Comment

Working...
            X