• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mileage Expense for LTD company - which address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage Expense for LTD company - which address

I'm a director of ltd company. My company is registered in Nottingham I live and deliver my services in London.
    My public director's correspondence address is in Nottingham, HMRC knows my residential address as London.

I'm trying to claim milage for traveling to my accountant who operates in Nottingham (about 127miles 1 way) but my accountant says that I can't as his office is only 5 miles away from my registered address. Is this correct?
    When I read the gov site it mentions home address and places of work/business only.

thank you in advance

I'd say your home address is your permanent place of work. Any travel from your home to a client is business travel. I don't think your registered office has anything to do with it.

Why is your registered address not at your accountants? Why is it 5 miles away?
    Why on earth are you travelling 127 miles to see your accountant? I've never seen mine in 10 years let alone travelling so far for it? Something doesn't sound right there.

Looking at that advice I'd think about sacking your accountant off and saving yourself a long journey as well. Double bonus.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There is nothing doggy about it. I set up my business with a virtual address in London but after few months the company wanted to stop forwarding me my paper mail instead it would scan it, hold it indefinitely and send me a link. I told them goodbye and used my friend address as I was in the process of moving and my future address was not known.
      I chose my accountant ( my first business) by my friends recommendation by it turned out a total failure.

Comment

Originally posted by zaba View Post
        I chose my accountant ( my first business) by my friends recommendation by it turned out a total failure.
        So fire them and you don't need to travel 127 miles to go and see them. Win win.
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by zaba View Post
          There is nothing doggy about it. I set up my business with a virtual address in London but after few months the company wanted to stop forwarding me my paper mail instead it would scan it, hold it indefinitely and send me a link. I told them goodbye and used my friend address as I was in the process of moving and my future address was not known.
          OK it's not dodgy but it's a horrible mess. Keep your friends out of your business, but it looks like you've learned that lesson. If you still have your business registered to your friends address then get that moved as well. It's your business and your livelihood. Don't let friends or family have anything to do with it.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X