• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS has sold up shop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
    The level of service we provide to our clients is a huge part of the value of the business. I've been here for 15 years and I still will be, post completion, as will all of my team. The acquisition was made with a long term view, by a business we know very well. It will allow us to invest in further improvements to our products, systems and ultimately the experience of our customers.
    This is literally the messaging that goes with any soul-sucking acquisition I could care to name.

I hope that it doesn't happen to you, but experience suggests that it will, as with the various accountancy firms previously loved on these boards.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      "Unlike several other acquisitions in the contractor market, this is not a private equity deal."

Made me smile that they felt the need to stress this...understandable given the general consensus on service levels from some of the big accountancy players.

From a practical perspective we recommend lots of clients to QDOS for their insurance needs. It's clear you think the service will remain good...but will you still be called QDOS? I'm guessing at least for the time being nothing changes, we still point them to same place, same discount codes etc?
      Increased discounts and referrals I'd say.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        That's because you referred psychocandy and darren_test.
        Oh yeah. Sorry about that QDOS. I don't know what came over me.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
          From a practical perspective we recommend lots of clients to QDOS for their insurance needs. It's clear you think the service will remain good...but will you still be called QDOS? I'm guessing at least for the time being nothing changes, we still point them to same place, same discount codes etc?
          Yes, still called Qdos and there will be no changes to the website, discount codes etc.

Seb
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            This is literally the messaging that goes with any soul-sucking acquisition I could care to name.

I hope that it doesn't happen to you, but experience suggests that it will, as with the various accountancy firms previously loved on these boards.
            I get that, but then it's difficult for me to write anything that couldn't be interpreted by some as contrived or veiled in corporate positivity (I did try)! Obviously there is a fundamental difference between us and some of the other examples in the market, in that we're not going to be pushed for a 3 year turnaround and the focus will be on longevity.

Seb
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Oh yeah. Sorry about that QDOS. I don't know what came over me.
              Going by experience, a farm animal is most likely.

Comment

Working...
              X