• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for data only SIM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwah View Post
    Vodafone red. 100gb for £20.

Register as customer with personal account. Then change invoice address and direct debit to your business
    To be clear. That is not a contract with your business.
    Whilst it might be fine for a cursory overview by HMRC, you should not be claiming as a business expense as it is a contract with a person.

Very low risk, but not quite legit.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      To be clear. That is not a contract with your business.
      Whilst it might be fine for a cursory overview by HMRC, you should not be claiming as a business expense as it is a contract with a person.

Very low risk, but not quite legit.

Yes you are right. My previous accountant told me it was ok to expense my phone bill so I thought its ok.

But definitely i'd be better to have a contract under company name

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
        (I also travel a lot for personal - upcoming trips - Central and East Europe, Aus & NZ)
        So not solely/exclusively for business use - should HMRC look closely you might well fall at this hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by arby View Post
          So not solely/exclusively for business use - should HMRC look closely you might well fall at this hurdle.
          When I will claim the ones which are eligible, I will meeting <mod snip>others</mod snip> in a venue booked specifically for this purpose. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Last edited by WTFH; 30 May 2019, 16:26. Reason: Indirect spamming

Comment

With Vodafone small business you get exactly the same as domestic customers.

I'm on Vodafone Red 20gb/month and I get spotify thrown in for 12 months, DD from company bank account.

Comment

Working...
            X