• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Norway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Norway

Hi

I recently accepted a 6 month contract in Norway and wondered if anyone could give any advice on who to use as an umbrella company/accountant, or any advice at all in relation to tax.

I have been in contact with one company who have stated they can set me up a UK Ltd company and then register as a foreign branch in Norway and arrange local payroll. I'd then pay social security and tax in Norway, corporation tax in the UK, and receive dividends via the UK.

Does this sound like the best way to go about it? If so, would I only pay UK dividends tax?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

you've accepted a contract offer and you don't even know how you're going to arrange your affairs?
    Have you just accepted verbally or signed something?

Sue @ IPAYE will be along soon I'm sure with good advice.
    If not then drop them a line http://i-paye.com/#i-paye
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      you've accepted a contract offer and you don't even know how you're going to arrange your affairs?
      Have you just accepted verbally or signed something?

Sue @ IPAYE will be along soon I'm sure with good advice.
      If not then drop them a line http://i-paye.com/#i-paye
      There's one born every minute .

Comment

Odd state of affairs to accept a contract and not know what the taxation implications are, seen a few posts like that.

How can you agree a rate when you don't know how much you'll be getting taxed ?

Comment

Originally posted by ITAbroad View Post
          Hi

I recently accepted a 6 month contract in Norway and wondered if anyone could give any advice on who to use as an umbrella company/accountant, or any advice at all in relation to tax.

I have been in contact with one company who have stated they can set me up a UK Ltd company and then register as a foreign branch in Norway and arrange local payroll. I'd then pay social security and tax in Norway, corporation tax in the UK, and receive dividends via the UK.

Does this sound like the best way to go about it? If so, would I only pay UK dividends tax?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
          £14.00 a pint. That’s all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Reassuringly expensive??

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Luckily the OP is teetotal or will be in Norway...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X