• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD company struck off - Bank account seized

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTD company struck off - Bank account seized

Hi,

My LTD company was struck off for failure to provide its 1st annual report.

My business account was seized Bona Vacantia (it has roughly £2500).

I now have a waiver letter from Bona Vacantia.

I would like to get my bank account back, complete my return. How do I proceed? Which is the cheapest way to get this done? Searching online I get varied information and some people are paying £1000 to sort this in court fees. I want to know the cheapest way of getting this done myself (only have 1 year annual report to submit).

EDIT: If i submit an adminstrative restoration with companies house, will that get my money back? How does one submit a confirmation statement or annual return when my accounts with HMRC and Companies hosue have been deleted?

Have you tried searching this forum using the method described here..

https://forums.contractoruk.com/welc...uk-forums.html

Or used this useful little tool....

https://www.google.co.uk
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nablak View Post
      Hi,

My LTD company was struck off for failure to provide its 1st annual report.
      ?
      Blimey how many letters did you ignore to end up in that situation ?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Have you tried searching this forum using the method described here..

https://forums.contractoruk.com/welc...uk-forums.html

Or used this useful little tool....

https://www.google.co.uk
        I've done plenty of searching but it hasnt made it any clearer. Anyway Im assuming once i get the restoration the bank account will magically re-appear. I believe theres also an option to not restore the ltd company and get my money back because its under £3000, but the cost of this method is a bit unclear. So im trying to work out which is the cheapest method.

Days of googling and reading forum posts have not made this any clearer.

I'm far too busy at the moment to dig any deeper. Obviously you are not, otherwise you wouldnt spend time posting sarcastic replies to strangers on an internet forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
          Blimey how many letters did you ignore to end up in that situation ?
          I wasn't receiving the letters. There was a mix up with the virtual office service I was using. By the time I got them to find the letters, it was too late. Companies house move pretty fast on these things.

Comment

I don't know how busy you are, or any other excuses for getting into this state, but a five second google turned up this as a starter for 10. And Jessica posts on here quite regularly incidentally.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              I don't know how busy you are, or any other excuses for getting into this state, but a five second google turned up this as a starter for 10. And Jessica posts on here quite regularly incidentally.
              He won't be happy with that article either. Look at the last line.

try googling “company restoration”
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I wasn't receiving the letters. There was a mix up with the virtual office service I was using. By the time I got them to find the letters, it was too late. Companies house move pretty fast on these things.
                For future reference, you can set up an alert with CoHo for any UK company so that you get told when anything gets filed for the company. I have one for my company and a few others that I'm interested in to see what has been filed and when.

Comment

I'm far too busy at the moment to dig any deeper. Obviously you are not, otherwise you wouldnt spend time posting sarcastic replies to strangers on an internet forum.
                  Was going to try and reply with a constructive message. Till you said this.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
                    Was going to try and reply with a constructive message. Till you said this.
                    Me too. I have the definitive answer, but I'm not going to share it now.

Comment

Working...
                    X