• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving inTouch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WDNK View Post
    <mod snip> was my accountant at intouch. I suspect you had someone more reliable.

List of issues include mis-calculating average director loan balance, thereby potentially created an unnecessarily personal liability. They supplied false information on the annual VAT scheme. There was a couple of other issues on how the financial statements were presented.
    Thanks cojak for the edit.

Yes, please do feel free to get in contact privately and we can discuss this further.

I would be interested to here from you about the points raised and to explain this in greater detail.

Comment

For some sort of balance, Intouch customer here and no issues seen/still happy with them. I think I'm fairly low maintenance to be fair, but most recent comms around VAT return were all timely and with no need for me to chase anything.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
        For some sort of balance, Intouch customer here and no issues seen/still happy with them. I think I'm fairly low maintenance to be fair, but most recent comms around VAT return were all timely and with no need for me to chase anything.
        Ha. The opposite here, got notices for missed vat payments as the portal would not be updated with the info, 2 days ago got a letter saying vat return has not been filed and the estimate is xyz. Contacted intouch and was told a return would be with me by cop y'day. Lunch time today still nothing.... Price has gone up, service gone down imo.

Comment

Originally posted by cinek View Post
          Ha. The opposite here, got notices for missed vat payments as the portal would not be updated with the info, 2 days ago got a letter saying vat return has not been filed and the estimate is xyz. Contacted intouch and was told a return would be with me by cop y'day. Lunch time today still nothing.... Price has gone up, service gone down imo.
          Thanks for your update.

Please could you confirm in a private message, what company this relates to and I will look into this as soon as possible. Also who your client manager is.

I can then investigate as to why this hasn't been completed. If the portal wasn't updated on time, though, that would have been why the return may well have not been completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil@Intouch View Post
            Thanks for your update.

Please could you confirm in a private message, what company this relates to and I will look into this as soon as possible. Also who your client manager is.

I can then investigate as to why this hasn't been completed. If the portal wasn't updated on time, though, that would have been why the return may well have not been completed.
            PM sent. I always close the months off a day or two into the new month

Comment

Originally posted by cinek View Post
              PM sent. I always close the months off a day or two into the new month
              Thank you for confirming. I have now emailed you and will take it from here.

Comment

@cinek, you're not the only one... I had the same issue with not being advised of the amount of my VAT return for Feb.

I had to "remind" them the day before it was due. Eventually got it sorted but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
                I'm still unsure if it's worth the worry to continue with them, although their Senior Client Manager assured me it was a "one-off", your scenario confirms it's not....
                Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

VAT Return

Intouch sent me my annual vat return to review today. On it they have a 12k unexplained balancing figure.

There should be a professional body to report unscrupulous operators like Intouch. My so called accountant is not even a part qualified accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceRacing View Post
                    @cinek, you're not the only one... I had the same issue with not being advised of the amount of my VAT return for Feb.

I had to "remind" them the day before it was due. Eventually got it sorted but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
                    I'm still unsure if it's worth the worry to continue with them, although their Senior Client Manager assured me it was a "one-off", your scenario confirms it's not....
                    Please could I ask for you to also PM me, so I can investigate this and get in touch via email.

The scenario above for @cinek was in regards to an annual VAT return, and the wrong period being set up with HMRC. We requested 30/4/18 and this was in fact 31/1/18.

Comment

Originally posted by WDNK View Post
                      Intouch sent me my annual vat return to review today. On it they have a 12k unexplained balancing figure.

There should be a professional body to report unscrupulous operators like Intouch. My so called accountant is not even a part qualified accountant.
                      Ok, please could you PM if possible, so I can look into this £12k unexplained balance. Have you contacted your Accountant to discuss this already?

There is a professional body that all Accountants would have that any concerns if necessary, i.e. not sticking to the terms set out by that body, could be reported to.

As above, I would like to investigate this for you and respond via email to resolve this.

Comment

Working...
                      X