• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer requested a revised invoice to correct address - does it reset the clock?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I chased a late paying customer recently - they responded quickly, which was nice, but have now requested a revised invoice to make the most minor of minor corrections to their address. (Foreign address, so I got it slightly wrong)

I've got a feeling that they're now going to want to process this is another [x] days. Just to nip this in the bud, do they have any rights to do so?
    If you correct the address and send the invoice with the same date, then it's the same invoice date. So same payment terms.
    As for whether they can delay payment..... What are you going to do if they delay by another [x] days? I presume not a lot so they can do what they want.

Why not ask them as they'll do what they want no matter what?

If you issue a credit against the previous invoice and issue a new invoice then that has a new date.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
    X