• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opinion on appearing on "team page" on company's site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on appearing on "team page" on company's site

Hi, new here and can't find an answer.

I'm currently contracting for a company and we are making a 'Team Page' in the About Us section, the idea is that it's a little profile pic, name and job title - not exactly reinventing the wheel.

The problem is that loads of us are contractors and some are concerned about the IR35 implications of appearing in this section, what do you think?

The copy at the top of the page says "whether a life timer (one guy has 24 years of service), part timer, contractor or even just a volunteer - everyone is part of the family" or something along those lines, we could then even potentially call out with an asterisk who is a contractor if necessary.

Is this likely to assuage concerns, both from the contractor and HMRC's point of view? We are a new brand (branched off from an old brand hence the 24 years of service) so we needed contractors and without them the team would look a bit thin.

Cheers

How about making the job title "contract xyz"?

Comment

IMO they should be highlighting who's a contractor and who's perm. See if they intend to out your name and then <contractor> or <contingent> underneath.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There are no concerns. Just use some common sense. It's a team page and HMRC will never ever see it.

Comment

Originally posted by anksta View Post
          Hi, new here and can't find an answer.

I'm currently contracting for a company and we are making a 'Team Page' in the About Us section, the idea is that it's a little profile pic, name and job title - not exactly reinventing the wheel.

The problem is that loads of us are contractors and some are concerned about the IR35 implications of appearing in this section, what do you think?

The copy at the top of the page says "whether a life timer (one guy has 24 years of service), part timer, contractor or even just a volunteer - everyone is part of the family" or something along those lines, we could then even potentially call out with an asterisk who is a contractor if necessary.

Is this likely to assuage concerns, both from the contractor and HMRC's point of view? We are a new brand (branched off from an old brand hence the 24 years of service) so we needed contractors and without them the team would look a bit thin.

Cheers

Simply supply them with "MyCo Ltd." for the name to be used and a JPG of your company logo for the "head shot".

It is your Ltd's name on the contract and not yours, right?

Last edited by billybiro; 16 January 2018, 13:33.

Comment

I have had this with my current client, I asked that I be listed under a separate "associates" section with a link to MyCo name and website, both parties were happy with that.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Whilst I am sure wouldn't be checked/referenced by HMRC and is not the basis of any judgement - I think by inference 'Meet the Team' contradicts being a 'short term' business supplier?

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                Whilst I am sure wouldn't be checked/referenced by HMRC and is not the basis of any judgement - I think by inference 'Meet the Team' contradicts being a 'short term' business supplier?
                Do you need to specify that on a simple picture on a website ? I think not.

Do you need to worry about IR35 implications of being in a team picture on a web site. Absolutely not.

Similar questions asked recently:

"I went to the staff party and someone bought me a drink - am I inside IR35 ?" (paraphrased)
                "I smelled one of the team members farts - am I inside IR35 ?" (made up)

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
                  Do you need to specify that on a simple picture on a website ? I think not.

Do you need to worry about IR35 implications of being in a team picture on a web site. Absolutely not.

Similar questions asked recently:

"I went to the staff party and someone bought me a drink - am I inside IR35 ?" (paraphrased)
                  "I smelled one of the team members farts - am I inside IR35 ?" (made up)
                  Not sure that is a similar question/comparison.

Comment

Personally, I'd object to a client doing this without asking me first. If I did agree to it, I would only do so if its made clear that I am a third-party contractor. It's unlikely an IR35 investigation would hinge on this but it would be, IMO, a pointer towards the client thinking of you as part and parcel of the organisation.

Comment

Working...
                    X