• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supervision, Direction & Control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supervision, Direction & Control

Hi,

I have recently received a contract where it states that I will not be under SD&C of the client.

However I have been asked to sign an NDA agreement which states

The agent provides contractors who perform certain tasks for xxxx under the operational "supervision and direction" of xxxx.

Do all three aspects of SDC need to apply for it to be a red flag, or does one statement contradict the other?

Advice would be appreciated

Originally posted by Graham1967 View Post
    Hi,

I have recently received a contract where it states that I will not be under SD&C of the client.

However I have been asked to sign an NDA agreement which states

The agent provides contractors who perform certain tasks for xxxx under the operational "supervision and direction" of xxxx.

Do all three aspects of SDC need to apply for it to be a red flag, or does one statement contradict the other?

Advice would be appreciated
    An NDA is not strictly your terms and conditions of providing services so I'd be inclined to say sign it and 'lose' it.

There are other threads on NDAs on this forum with a mixed view of whether to sign them or not. If you don't sign the NDA will you lose the contract? That question alone may answer your query.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I’d ask them to change it, simply because it will reveal whether you have a problem. Remember, contracts and other documents are just words. Reality matters, because the client will be quizzed by HMRC. My guess is that the NDA is a generic one (i.e. they use it for a variety of engagement types) and, if they’re not willing to change it, they should be willing to clarify that your contract is definitive w/r to SDC. You’re unlikely to have a problem here, but it’s better to clarify upfront.

Comment

Working...
      X