• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company car vesus personal car...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company car vesus personal car...

So let's hear the voice of the panel regarding this controversial problem...
    Company car on contract hire/finance lease
    5.26%
    Company car on contract purchase/cash upfront
    2.63%
    Personal car bought for cash and claim mileage
    81.58%
    Personal contract hire / lease / other finance method
    7.89%
    Other
    2.63%
    The rest is silence...

I've got a company van on contract hire but I'm getting rid of it when the new BIK rules come in.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I've got a van too. BASTARD blownstuff!!!!! Extra £500 fuel tax from April isnt it?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse
        I've got a company van on contract hire but I'm getting rid of it when the new BIK rules come in.
        What are the new BIK rules?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          What are the new BIK rules?

Mailman
          £3000 BIK for a van if there is private use...and I had plans to buy a Ford Ranger at the beginning of next year, bloody f&^ers...
          The rest is silence...

Comment

I read that it is possible to 100% expense a car if it had low emmissions. That is, it will just disappear from the books so it is not an asset. Is that correct?

Would I be able to expense the insurance as well and claim the VAT back it too???

EDIT: Sounds a little too good to be true... hmm

Comment

Working...
            X