• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account - Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Bank Account - Recommendations

Evening all,

I am looking for recommendations for a business bank account. The one in the First Timers guide (CashPlus) does not excite me partly because of the t&c's.
    "13.9 The Financial Services Compensation Scheme is not applicable for this Account . No other compensation schemes exist to cover losses claimed in connection with this Account "
    as well as the quoted limit if £15000 in the account.

A few give 12 months free banking and I see NatWest also give you FreeAgent bundled in which would be a nice benefit.

So, guys and gals - your recommendations / warnings on the various business bank accounts out there (and if you know how long they take to set up even better).

Thanks
    Jon
    Twitter: jonsmile

Have a little search on here as there are numerous recent threads on this topic. I use Santander as I get free business banking.

Comment

You should be with an accountant that offers Freeagent so the natwest offer isn't needed. I've been with Santander for God knows how long. There is a charge but I'm quote happy with it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        There is a charge but I'm quote happy with it.
        Sorry to hear that - free banking for me matey

Comment

Santander is free for me too.

Comment

Metro Bank. Free banking if you keep some loose change in it (£5k min I think)

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Sorry to hear that - free banking for me matey
              For now...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Coutts charge £90 a quarter to small fry such as yourselves. Whilst you can't buy class, you can at least make an effort. Failing that, I understand HSBC offer a very good service for only £5.50 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
                  Santander is free for me too.
                  The old man makes a lot of small denomination cash deposits.

Comment

I use Metro, free and have a pretty good android app. Makes it easy to make withdrawals and payments from my phone. Works with FreeAgent. Can't ask for much more than that.

Comment

Working...
                    X