• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account - Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
    I use Metro, free and have a pretty good android app. Makes it easy to make withdrawals and payments from my phone. Works with FreeAgent. Can't ask for much more than that.
    Same.

The iOS app is also excellent and simple.

Their customer service is excellent too. For example If you lose your card they can print one in branch.

Comment

Cheers for the replies.

I did look at Metro, but have seen so much bad press for them I was put off. Will now reconsider them.

Jon
      Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Tide get a good name. Not a bank as such but a current account with Barclays through Tide’s excellent app. Seems to be ok. Not sure about the t&c’s but the customer service is great, as is the five minute account opening. You can’t set up standing orders which may or may not be an issue and you can’t issue or bank cheques but what needs that these days?

Comment

I opened an account via my accountant with Metro Bank. It took a couple of weeks to setup and am happy with the service. The minimum balance for no fees drops from £5k to £2k.

The main reason for choosing Metro Bank was because they are open 7 days a week so I can pop into a branch on the weekend if I ever needed to.

Everyone complains about bad service but no shouts about great service!

Comment

I would personally use HSBC at the moment. They have free options for the first couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              Tide get a good name. Not a bank as such but a current account with Barclays through Tide’s excellent app. Seems to be ok. Not sure about the t&c’s but the customer service is great, as is the five minute account opening. You can’t set up standing orders which may or may not be an issue and you can’t issue or bank cheques but what needs that these days?
              I was looking at Tide today and the only thing I'm hesitant about is lack of a hook up to Free agent. It also looks to be a bit of a Quikbooks type app for sole traders rather than Ltd. Could be wrong on that.

I've been with Cater Allen for 5 years and fairly happy but recently working away and have to have more day to day transactions which is costing me a fortune.I just wanted to pay for everything with my business card to make accounting easier and I'm being stung 75p every time. So, I need an alternative that doesn't charge that even if I get myself a coffee or a pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
                I was looking at Tide today and the only thing I'm hesitant about is lack of a hook up to Free agent. It also looks to be a bit of a Quikbooks type app for sole traders rather than Ltd. Could be wrong on that.

I've been with Cater Allen for 5 years and fairly happy but recently working away and have to have more day to day transactions which is costing me a fortune.I just wanted to pay for everything with my business card to make accounting easier and I'm being stung 75p every time. So, I need an alternative that doesn't charge that even if I get myself a coffee or a pencil.
                The business current account works for limited companies. Re the freeagent feed, i know the guys at both Tide and Freeagent and the work of the integration is well advanced I’m assured.

Comment

*on

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
                    We use Cater Allen, and one thing which can help reduce the fees is getting a company credit card (not with Cater Allen). You can then put lots of your little purchases on there, and from Cater Allen's perspective it's then just one payment per month (hence one chargeable transaction per month) when you clear the balance, rather than each individual purchase on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X