• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Assigned my 3rd accountant in 15 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assigned my 3rd accountant in 15 months

Just venting off but....

I have just been assigned my 3rd accountant in 15 months and am a little put off by it for some reason.

I don't have any problems with any of the assigned accountants, as they have always been good but still I am a little irritated by this.

One of the reason I changed over from my last accountants of 9 years was that constant changing of accountants, among other things.

Not planning to change accountants just wondered if others had this happen to them and if so did they just go with the flow.

rant over

Maybe change to a different accountancy practice?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Never bothers me as long as the working practices are good and the accountant I'm allocated are up to the job. I was a little concerned at first when I was with SJD but now I've gotten used to it I'm pretty comfortable with it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Maybe change to a different accountancy practice?
        Apart from the changing of accountant they have been brilliant overall and plus I like FreeAgent too much, especially when compared to using the spreadsheet for years

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Never bothers me as long as the working practices are good and the accountant I'm allocated are up to the job. I was a little concerned at first when I was with SJD but now I've gotten used to it I'm pretty comfortable with it.
        That's good to hear, since i went from SJD to Gorilla too, i think I am getting used to it as well.

Comment

Hi akhtara7,

As we are a growing business, it is necessary to expand our headcount in order to maintain a healthy ratio of clients per accountant. In fact, since January we have more than trebled the number of client-facing accountants in the team and in doing so, we have not only been able to cope with the rate of growth but have reduced the number of clients held by each accountant; with the time saved being reinvested back into our service.

We have a highly-experienced team, in most cases our recruitment has been accountants that have worked in the contractor industry, we also have a robust training and mentoring programme through which new recruits learn our processes. Where we have reallocated clients, we have taken care to complete a detailed handover, and the previous accountant remains in the business to assist with any outstanding queries. I am confident that moving to another accountant will not result in a deterioration of service quality for you or any other clients that I know to read these forums.

We realise that reallocating clients can sometimes be frustrating, especially if you have had a bad experience with another accountant. In this case, we have not lost any staff so if it is your preference to stay with your current accountant then please send me a message and I can arrange this. Likewise, I am happy to extend this offer to any other clients that wishes to remain with their existing accountant.

Hope this helps!
          Craig

Comment

3 different accountants in 15 months sounds a bit odd. If you are "coping" with growth then you simply employ a new accountant and give them new clients. Why keep shifting the existing clients away from their current accountant?

Originally posted by Craig at Gorilla View Post
            Hi akhtara7,

As we are a growing business, it is necessary to expand our headcount in order to maintain a healthy ratio of clients per accountant. In fact, since January we have more than trebled the number of client-facing accountants in the team and in doing so, we have not only been able to cope with the rate of growth but have reduced the number of clients held by each accountant; with the time saved being reinvested back into our service.

We have a highly-experienced team, in most cases our recruitment has been accountants that have worked in the contractor industry, we also have a robust training and mentoring programme through which new recruits learn our processes. Where we have reallocated clients, we have taken care to complete a detailed handover, and the previous accountant remains in the business to assist with any outstanding queries. I am confident that moving to another accountant will not result in a deterioration of service quality for you or any other clients that I know to read these forums.

We realise that reallocating clients can sometimes be frustrating, especially if you have had a bad experience with another accountant. In this case, we have not lost any staff so if it is your preference to stay with your current accountant then please send me a message and I can arrange this. Likewise, I am happy to extend this offer to any other clients that wishes to remain with their existing accountant.

Hope this helps!
            Craig
            P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
              3 different accountants in 15 months sounds a bit odd. If you are "coping" with growth then you simply employ a new accountant and give them new clients. Why keep shifting the existing clients away from their current accountant?
              Please quote properly you aren't new to the forums.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On the other hand............My own experience is that 3 accountants in 15 months is not SO unusual? I would say that with a FreeAgent account, one of the great things to me is that many of the simpler questions you may have asked in the past just don't exist any more. Your company finances are laid before you in real time in glorious detail.

For me, I would be quite happy with email support from a "pool" of accountants who know their stuff over having a specific named accountant. To me, that's how the industry is evolving and moving forward, improving user experience and driving costs down. My last accounting firm in the UK that I used were an extremely good example of how this worked. Low cost, very fast response to emailed enquiries and always spot on. Likewise, follow email clarification if required, delivered almost immediately. And if you called them, the experience was the same too, but rarely any need to call. So - No "named" accountant contact, my response, "who cares?".
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Please quote properly you aren't new to the forums.
                  Sorry - what was wrong?
                  P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Try QDOS.

Comment

Working...
                    X