• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
    What did they say when you asked them?
    Take your pick...

Initially I was told there was a delay as they had to manually update the tax codes and gross pay...

Next, I was told there was an IT error...

Then I was told there was an issue with their "internal processes"

No news as to why their SDE portal is down, or when it wil be back up again.
    Last edited by Dark Black; 4 May 2018, 15:28.
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      Take your pick...

Initially I was told there was a delay as they had to manually update the tax codes and gross pay...

Next, I was told was there was an IT error...

Then I was told there was an issue with their "internal processes"

No news as to why their SDE portal is down, or when it wil be back up again.
      Mental

Comment

Originally posted by DolanAccountancyJames View Post
        Lets hope the submission has been made to HMRC it will be late after Saturday...
        Apparently the submission has been made.
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

I agree with the Drastic change in Service

I was with NW for years as a contractor. Then went permie and only 3 months ago got back to contracting. So far for 3 months the service has been very bad. I feel really disappointed because emails are never answered until you phone or send several repeated emails and even then some of the points from some emails are left unanswered, so you have remind then saying "thanks for replying, but you have missed this though".
          Online chat is totally useless as the person manning the chat is in a different office to most of the accountants, so he was clueless and was actually asking me the phone number of the person I deal with as apparently he does not keep phone numbers! How professional is that? Wouldn't you keep phone numbers of your colleagues when you are manning an online chat for your company's website?!

The greatest ridiculousness is that the vantage online portal does not let you take printouts or save pdfs or csvs of your own expenses! I am astonished that no other contractor has asked for this! I was told it is not a current feature and "we apologise for the inconvenience". What self-respecting accountancy company does not let you take spreadsheets of your expenses to keep for your records?! Bizarre. I even tried taking screenshots, but then the description column hides most of the description! Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by sylsol View Post
            I was with NW for years as a contractor. Then went permie and only 3 months ago got back to contracting. So far for 3 months the service has been very bad. I feel really disappointed because emails are never answered until you phone or send several repeated emails and even then some of the points from some emails are left unanswered, so you have remind then saying "thanks for replying, but you have missed this though".
            Online chat is totally useless as the person manning the chat is in a different office to most of the accountants, so he was clueless and was actually asking me the phone number of the person I deal with as apparently he does not keep phone numbers! How professional is that? Wouldn't you keep phone numbers of your colleagues when you are manning an online chat for your company's website?!

The greatest ridiculousness is that the vantage online portal does not let you take printouts or save pdfs or csvs of your own expenses! I am astonished that no other contractor has asked for this! I was told it is not a current feature and "we apologise for the inconvenience". What self-respecting accountancy company does not let you take spreadsheets of your expenses to keep for your records?! Bizarre. I even tried taking screenshots, but then the description column hides most of the description! Madness.

Maybe its time to look for a new accountant that has a dedicated accountant to look after you and a migration to a better online platform. FreeAgent is championed on the forums for a reason, us accountants love it and so do contractors.
            Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by DolanAccountancyJames View Post
              Maybe its time to look for a new accountant that has a dedicated accountant to look after you and a migration to a better online platform. FreeAgent is championed on the forums for a reason, us accountants love it and so do contractors.
              I like an accountant who can correctly use apostrophes, nomenclature, punctuation and pronoun cases. It shows a level of attention to detail that engenders a sense of trustworthiness.

Comment

Apostrophes......

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I like an accountant who can correctly use apostrophes, nomenclature, punctuation and pronoun cases. It shows a level of attention to detail that engenders a sense of trustworthiness.
                Haha, you won't like NW then!

Their Vantage tool initial entry in the dashboard has 2 places where the apostrophe is not in the right place or missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I prefer an accountant who employs staff who can do all that.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I prefer an accountant who employs staff who can do all that.
                    That's the problem with trying to manage a business from a Monegasque palazzo.

Comment

Originally posted by sylsol View Post

Very sad to hear but I’ve heard many similar stories recently, such a shame to see a solid reputation trashed in just 3 years.
                      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                      X