• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company paypal account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company paypal account

I'd like to setup a company paypal account. Not for receiving funds but for making company purchases. The Paypal Business account seems to be geared around receiving payments, unsurprisingly. So the "personal" account would seem to suit my usage closer, but its a personal account.

Anyone setup a company paypal account for purely making company purchases ? If so, did you create a personal or business account ?

Hmmm. Tough one that.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What do you intend to buy?

I use my personal PayPal account for the small things I buy, as the company director(s) have always agreed to reimburse me for it if it is a business expense.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        What do you intend to buy?

I use my personal PayPal account for the small things I buy, as the company director(s) have always agreed to reimburse me for it if it is a business expense.
        Office equipment, computers, printers etc. Reasonably large ticket items which I'd like to be bought "in the company name". My company bank acct doesn't have a credit/debit card, paypal seems a good solution.

I guess a business paypal account will still let me do all that but seems overkill.
        Last edited by adubya; 20 September 2017, 07:04.

Comment

Multiple computers and printers or one off?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Multiple computers and printers or one off?
            Pretty much a one-off.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Hmmm. Tough one that.
              If only there was some kind of profession that one could engage commercially to answer such questions.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                Office equipment, computers, printers etc. Reasonably large ticket items which I'd like to be bought "in the company name". My company bank acct doesn't have a credit/debit card, paypal seems a good solution.

I guess a business paypal account will still let me do all that but seems overkill.
                So you don't have one or the bank doesn't offer you one? Can't believe you can't get a company card to cover these

Comment

Pretty much a one-off.
                  Wouldn't it be just as easy to pay with a personal credit card and claim it back? Or is there some sort of cash flow/credit option making this difficult?

Comment

My company bank acct doesn't have a credit/debit card, paypal seems a good solution.
                    How you do you pay anything?
                    Cheques are history, and doing everything by BACS is impractical. What bank is this this?
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X