• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment agent non payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pagrate View Post
    I am since found out that the company who they formed was formed last year and they were running it as a recruitment company in parallel while they were letting the other company fail as they were posting job adverts.
    Surely that has to be illegal?
    Not unless they were breaking some laws. Running two companies isn't.
    It's quite possible that they were breaking laws but without evidence there is nothing you can do.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      Not unless they were breaking some laws. Running two companies isn't.
      It's quite possible that they were breaking laws but without evidence there is nothing you can do.
      You need proof. And even then is it worth the effort?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You need proof. And even then is it worth the effort?
        Its worth the effort because they owe me 16k and I am going to destroy them one way or another

Comment

Originally posted by pagrate View Post
          Its worth the effort because they owe me 16k and I am going to destroy them one way or another
          Before going for revenge, first dig 2 graves. Donald Trump believes in revenge - do you want to end up with mental health issues?

If you really want to go that way, try a no win no fee lawyer. If they will take it on, fund it yourself.

Though I bet the lawyers/liquidators will end up with all the money. Much like divorce.

Comment

Speak to a debt collection agency first.
            If that fails and you have evidence in writing, then you could talk to lawyers, but that will get expensive.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Speak to a debt collection agency first.
              If that fails and you have evidence in writing, then you could talk to lawyers, but that will get expensive.
              It's probably worthwhile to get in touch with the liquidators and get yourself on the creditors list in case there is a settlement. You won't get the full amount, but that ship has already sailed.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

What was the name of the old firm?

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                  What was the name of the old firm?
                  You really don't know how it works do you?

The poster can't name the old firm in public or the new one.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You really don't know how it works do you?

The poster can't name the old firm in public or the new one.
                    The new one I can understand, if the old one has been wound up then surely there isn't an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                      The new one I can understand, if the old one has been wound up then surely there isn't an issue?
                      Just to be clear, they haven't been wound up as they have no money left so it wasn't worth me proceeding with that
                      And they didn't go through with their own liquidation so they are sort of in limbo now, probably hoping someone pays to wind them up.

Comment

Working...
                      X