• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My accountant.!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    Wy do you charge them for FreeAgent at all? It makes your life easier doesn't it?
    but even including freeagent subs most are still cheaper than sjd!

(hides)

Comment

Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
      Dormant company accountancy fee is normally in the region of £10+vat a month
      You've mentioned this before but I've never known an accountant to charge this.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        First at last!
        Please change to my firm
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You could turn the subscription off with the clients agreement to this. The account will still be there under your practice dashboard but the client will not have to pay for the license in months when out of contract provided that no transactions are pending to be entered. The account can be made active when the client needs it again. If it is a dormant company, I will transfer a read only access to the client but this will remove the account from your Practice dashboard.
          Presumably you would then be required to submit the NIL VAT returns and RTI submission's via HMRC's portal, along with having to replicating this on FreeAgent once they become active again?

Also there's potential expenses that could be claimed if the contractor is attending interviews etc, which they'd have to wait until the account was then active again to post up.

Comment

but surely if there are transactions on the bank account, the company isn't dormant (by definition)?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              but even including freeagent subs most are still cheaper than sjd!

(hides)
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                You never have to charge for a spreadsheet
                We have a completely free spreadsheet that does calculate the VAT quarterly returns, profit per month and available dividends. I have shared it with lots of people that prefer Excel than a software. The downside is that it is not online software, otherwise still can suffice all the reporting requirements. FreeAgent is not a free software so the subscription is included in our accounting package but at our partners discount rate so if a client is dormant for example their fee is reduced to remove the software licence.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
                  Presumably you would then be required to submit the NIL VAT returns and RTI submission's via HMRC's portal, along with having to replicating this on FreeAgent once they become active again?

Also there's potential expenses that could be claimed if the contractor is attending interviews etc, which they'd have to wait until the account was then active again to post up.
                  Yes this is my requirement. Don't want company is dormant state. But planning to carry out accounting my self rather than paying £100/month as there is no income.!!

Can anyone please send me the XL sheet mentioned here..?

My accountant currently do the PAYE real time reporting. When I switch that to self reporting do I need to register with HMRC or my accountant will pass that information to me. If I register now both mine and accountant's are linked to PAYE RTI. Is that correct..?

Comment

If there is no income why not ask if your accountant will reduce his fee. Many do.
                    This self accounting thing seems to be us doing it for you and you've not even started yet.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We have a completely free spreadsheet that does calculate the VAT quarterly returns, profit per month and available dividends. I have shared it with lots of people that prefer Excel than a software. The downside is that it is not online software, otherwise still can suffice all the reporting requirements. FreeAgent is not a free software so the subscription is included in our accounting package but at our partners discount rate so if a client is dormant for example their fee is reduced to remove the software licence.
                      This is similar to what I use, although not through yourselves, and works a treat.

Comment

Working...
                      X