• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My accountant.!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My accountant.!"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Feck knows.

Sometimes when I post on here I end up quoting random posts and not the post I intended on quoting.

Other times GIN takes over.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by dvaidr View Post
    What are your terms?
    Feck knows.

Sometimes when I post on here I end up quoting random posts and not the post I intended on quoting.

Other times autocorrect takes over.

Leave a comment:

• dvaidr
    replied
    Accountant needed

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Please change to my firm
    What are your terms?

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You never have to charge for a spreadsheet
    Spreadsheets are just soooo yesterday though aren't they...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The new accountant will charge him or that though won't he as he hasn't paid the first full year of engagement?
    Mine didn't, with either time I've changed.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Or mid year and get the new accountant to do it all for you, so that they are running with as much data as they can and they can get all the authorisation codes through from HMRC to be your agent quickly. Once they do that, the old accountant can't file things for you anyway.
    The new accountant will charge him or that though won't he as he hasn't paid the first full year of engagement?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    The end of the company year so the same company will do the returns for you as well. You can start the new guys with a clean slate. Some may charge you to do it early and some horrible little scroats will try and get out of doing it at all so be pretty firm.
    Or mid year and get the new accountant to do it all for you, so that they are running with as much data as they can and they can get all the authorisation codes through from HMRC to be your agent quickly. Once they do that, the old accountant can't file things for you anyway.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by PTP View Post
    Sounds like what I'm going through. They keep making really basic errors that make £1000's difference to the dividend.

I've had enough of them and tempted to change accountant. Is there any particular time that it's easier/safer to make the switch?
    e.g. is it easier if done while out of contract, or easier if you're just at the start of a new company year?
    The end of the company year so the same company will do the returns for you as well. You can start the new guys with a clean slate. Some may charge you to do it early and some horrible little scroats will try and get out of doing it at all so be pretty firm.

Leave a comment:

• PTP
    replied
    I am with one of the top contractor account paying £100+ every month for the last 2+ years. Things were great in the beginning after many changes in handlers (I suppose my case handed over to more inexperienced resources) now I am finding too many mistakes from them. Every number I query come back with an apology and correction!
    Sounds like what I'm going through. They keep making really basic errors that make £1000's difference to the dividend.

I've had enough of them and tempted to change accountant. Is there any particular time that it's easier/safer to make the switch?
    e.g. is it easier if done while out of contract, or easier if you're just at the start of a new company year?

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    That sentence alone tells me you shouldn't be doing it by yourself. Learning how to do your own accounting on a free internet forum. What could go wrong?

Find yourself an accountant that is willing to suspend rates for bench time, or at least reduce them. Plenty do.
    I talked to my accountant and he agreed to reduce cost to half during bench period. I should have done this bit earlier. thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
    We have a completely free spreadsheet that does calculate the VAT quarterly returns, profit per month and available dividends. I have shared it with lots of people that prefer Excel than a software. The downside is that it is not online software, otherwise still can suffice all the reporting requirements. FreeAgent is not a free software so the subscription is included in our accounting package but at our partners discount rate so if a client is dormant for example their fee is reduced to remove the software licence.
    This is similar to what I use, although not through yourselves, and works a treat.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If there is no income why not ask if your accountant will reduce his fee. Many do.
    This self accounting thing seems to be us doing it for you and you've not even started yet.

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
    Presumably you would then be required to submit the NIL VAT returns and RTI submission's via HMRC's portal, along with having to replicating this on FreeAgent once they become active again?

Also there's potential expenses that could be claimed if the contractor is attending interviews etc, which they'd have to wait until the account was then active again to post up.
    Yes this is my requirement. Don't want company is dormant state. But planning to carry out accounting my self rather than paying £100/month as there is no income.!!

Can anyone please send me the XL sheet mentioned here..?

My accountant currently do the PAYE real time reporting. When I switch that to self reporting do I need to register with HMRC or my accountant will pass that information to me. If I register now both mine and accountant's are linked to PAYE RTI. Is that correct..?

Leave a comment:

• Chart Accountancy
    replied
    You never have to charge for a spreadsheet
    We have a completely free spreadsheet that does calculate the VAT quarterly returns, profit per month and available dividends. I have shared it with lots of people that prefer Excel than a software. The downside is that it is not online software, otherwise still can suffice all the reporting requirements. FreeAgent is not a free software so the subscription is included in our accounting package but at our partners discount rate so if a client is dormant for example their fee is reduced to remove the software licence.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    but even including freeagent subs most are still cheaper than sjd!

(hides)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X