• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Year End

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RidgewayPele View Post
    Thanks for the input guys.
    I'm just wondering if it is possible to switch accountants each year and then go monthly with them for a month or 2 until they have done last year's accounts for free. Potentially, you could just get accounts and corporation tax done each year for just 1 or 2 payments. Then everyone is happy! They are willing it do it for free and we get our accounts. I can't wait until Free Agent does corporation tax then I can just submit everything through them. You would have thought Free Agent would have worked out how to do this out by now given micro accounts now exists.

Comment

So the question is has anyone ever moved accountants and got them to do a prior year end for them? Any idea of the cost of such a task?
      I paid InTouch the equivalent of two months fees and they picked up the mess of my accounts and did the corporation tax return.
      First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
        I'm just wondering if it is possible to switch accountants each year and then go monthly with them for a month or 2 until they have done last year's accounts for free. Potentially, you could just get accounts and corporation tax done each year for just 1 or 2 payments. Then everyone is happy! They are willing it do it for free and we get our accounts. I can't wait until Free Agent does corporation tax then I can just submit everything through them. You would have thought Free Agent would have worked out how to do this out by now given micro accounts now exists.
        Not what I am after I want a good service that I trust - happy to pay for it.

Comment

Not what I am after I want a good service that I trust - happy to pay for it.
          Could I introduce you to my missus....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm doing it with phone contracts and loans. Take loan , spent and then cancel loan as I have right to do so within 14 days. Profit. Also returning everything on ebay after good play with it
            Last edited by diseasex; 8 March 2017, 11:21.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              I'm doing it with phone contracts and loans. Take loan , spent and then cancel loan as I have right to do so within 14 days. Profit. Also returning everything on ebay after good play with it
              How is there a profit in taking out and then cancelling a loan (after having repaid it fully, I assume)?

Comment

Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
                The vast majority of our monthly fee is down to preparation and submission of year end accounts. Doing the prior year accounts for free or heavily discounted is a gesture of goodwill.

On the FA front I do believe this is in the pipeline to be released very soon!

Comment

Working...
                X