• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Documenting financial situation in case of emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
    Without wanting to be morbid, shouldn't it be called "WHEN I DIE...", or have you cracked that one?
    Doesn't really matter what it's called as long as people can find it when you are dead.

That reminds me I can't remember where I've stuck my will.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Doesn't really matter what it's called as long as people can find it when you are dead.

That reminds me I can't remember where I've stuck my will.
      that reminds me the nominated guardians for the twins are now divorced...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Power of attorney done today, thanks to Chris Maslins for saying something.

Consider this a bump and a challenge to anyone who hasn't taken care of this stuff to get it done and bump it for the next person.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
          Power of attorney done today, thanks to Chris Maslins for saying something.

Consider this a bump and a challenge to anyone who hasn't taken care of this stuff to get it done and bump it for the next person.
          Did you do this yourself or via a solicitor? Was it expensive? I was told there are two types of POA, one for financial and one for health, it that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy O View Post
            Did you do this yourself or via a solicitor? Was it expensive? I was told there are two types of POA, one for financial and one for health, it that correct?
            Yep there are 2 separate ones.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Brilliant thread and thanks for the recommendations and reminder I have not updated my 'what if' file for quite a while and I also need to review my Will.

Swmbos father died a few years back he was very efficient in his record keeping but even so it took a lot of unravelling because we did not have the full picture. Multiple houses to deal with wills in different countries etc loads of bank accounts several pensions and money invested all over the place.

We used an IFA specifically to help his Widow consolidate loads of accounts, funds, insurance policies plus setup various trusts for their Children and Grand Children etc. There was a plus side as well, IFA helped offset various chunks of tax CGT Inheritance etc.
              So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Working...
              X