• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountants Submitted Accounts without my Sign off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably misjudged but done with the best of intentions, I'd say.

The question I'd have is how you got to 9 months (minus 3 days) after your year end before you started agitating about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
      Probably misjudged but done with the best of intentions, I'd say.

The question I'd have is how you got to 9 months (minus 3 days) after your year end before you started agitating about this.
      There are accountants out there who leave accounts to the last minute. That way they make it difficult for clients to leave.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

let them fix it then sack 'em....

You say that the dividend amount doesn't match your SA amount. Why would it? Unless your company year end is March it's quite likely they won't match.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          You say that the dividend amount doesn't match your SA amount. Why would it? Unless your company year end is March it's quite likely they won't match.
          Agree, the accounts won't match the SATR, unless it coincides with the tax year.

However I'd expect the total dividends in the accounts if I were to look between the accounting periods 06/04 to 05/04 to match SATR dividends from this source.

It's a check I'd do when preparing the current year and reviewing the prior year, to make sure nothing has gone astray
          We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            let them fix it then sack 'em....

Y/e is likely to be March if the deadline for filing was 31/12.

Comment

Deadline for filing was mid January. I have raised the fact that I am unhappy with the firm in question. Will see how they handle all of this before deciding to name them.

Comment

Originally posted by bipo912 View Post
                Deadline for filing was mid January. I have raised the fact that I am unhappy with the firm in question. Will see how they handle all of this before deciding to name them.
                I'm not a big fan of naming companies in situations like this. Sometimes crap happens and it's one of those things but that's your call.

Do keep us updated with what happens. I'd be interested to know and some good information for people in the same situation that have been directed to do a search
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bipo912 View Post
                  How did this play out?

Comment

Working...
                  X