• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free FreeAgent subscriptions to RBS customers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a trap!

Government-controlled bank to see how you are paying yourself? Like a permie? Oh good, inside IR35 you go.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      It's a trap!

Government-controlled bank to see how you are paying yourself? Like a permie? Oh good, inside IR35 you go.
      If they do review the data for this reason contractors will struggle to repel firepower of that magnitude...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Yes, but your bank already know more about your transactions than FreeAgent.
        Agreed - in theory the banks could probably deduce quite a lot of information already if they put their minds to it.

Although an insurance premium paid on personal credit card and then claimed as an expense wouldn't be immediately obvious from the business bank account transactions.

Comment

I think it might be time to put the tinfoil hats away. [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            I think it might be time to put the tinfoil hats away. [emoji4]
            Here we go, the lube salesman targeting the other end of the market.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I am with NatWest, will keep an eye on this
              Hmmn, I can't even get the Freeagent Bank Feed working with my NatWest account.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

What would happen if HMRC demanded that FreeAgent frees up all of it's data ?

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
                  We would all laugh very hard.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
                    Revolution?

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                      Hmmn, I can't even get the Freeagent Bank Feed working with my NatWest account.
                      IMHO - Best not to anyway, since it involves giving your bank log in details to a third party about which you know little and who you have no control over whatsoever.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X