• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Howto on running Ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howto on running Ltd company

I am considering dropping out of my composite company and going the ltd company route.

The plan is for the wife to look after the admin / books side of things as she is much more organised than me. Does anyone know of courses / books etc that could give her a head start in what to do etc?
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

HMRC actually do some very good stuff for new businesses including loads of referance material on CD. Give them a call. They are actually very helpfull, belive it or not.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yeah just make sure you research the whole thing properly. HMRC is notorious for lots of disjointed documentation! It's all fairly straightforward though when you get it all inside the brain.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

It is quite straight forward and most of the admin should be handled by your accountant. Don't forget www.companieshouse.gov.uk - they have some good booklets etc that will guide you through the company side of things.

The Revenue produce acres of booklets and if you try to read them all you will give up! Just concentrate on the basics, that will cover most that you need to know.

Alan

Comment

Working...
        X