• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal templates

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to ask everyone to try to post constructive replies that address the opening question(s). Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Confounded View Post
      Thanks. Why not share these templates with the community? I would have thought its one of the first basic needs of a contractor running a ltd company to have all these templates at hand. Would be of great help to everyone. Thanks
      Would you give away your intellectual property for free? If so, why?

If you think it's that good an idea then once you have the documents that you think you need, you could put them on a website and then give them away for free. In terms of helping a community, Dynamo does - they help their community of paying clients. If you want the documents, join that community.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Would you give away your intellectual property for free? If so, why?

If you think it's that good an idea then once you have the documents that you think you need, you could put them on a website and then give them away for free. In terms of helping a community, Dynamo does - they help their community of paying clients. If you want the documents, join that community.
        These are standard templates. I feel that comparison to intellectual property rights is inappropriate. I would be glad to share all the templates once I am done.

Comment

The template is half the story. You need the knowledge to go with it. You are trying to run a UK limited from Hungary using just templates, google and CUK.

I guess there I no fall out for you when it goes wrong so you don't really care?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            The template is half the story. You need the knowledge to go with it. You are trying to run a UK limited from Hungary using just templates, google and CUK.

I guess there I no fall out for you when it goes wrong so you don't really care?
            Please try to avoid polluting the thread with "banter". Thank you.

Comment

Please try to avoid polluting the thread with "banter". Thank you.
              Im just pointing out to other posters that there maybe other pertinent information here that may affect the advice. Bit like the other thread where the information was drip fed to the point the thread go locked with some advice about seeking a professional.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 19 December 2016, 18:52.

Comment

I just pointing out to other posters that there maybe other pertinent information here that may affect the advice. But like the other thread where the information was drip fed to the point the thread go over with some advice about seeking a professional.
                The opening post asked for a resource to legal documentation templates. Nothing more, nothing less. It did not ask for an advice on administering a company, nor was it suggesting that it should be done in any particular way (i.e. with or without professional advice). However, it seems that some people cannot help making judgments and posting "amusing" comments.

Comment

The opening post asked for a resource to legal documentation templates. Nothing more, nothing less. It did not ask for an advice on administering a company, nor was it suggesting that it should be done in any particular way (i.e. with or without professional advice). However, it seems that some people cannot help making judgments and posting "amusing" comments.
                  Fair enough. I'll keep quiet and just wait for the next one.

Comment

The answers you received are due to the fact laws in the various UK legal jurisdictions are more complex than just filling in templates and change all the time. This is why you get told to consult a professional every time you post a thread.

In addition this forum is searchable from Google so other posters have a good reason to explain their answers to ensure others making similar enquires understand why they can't just complete a template.

Oh and their replies are neither banter nor amusing.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

In addition this forum is searchable from Google so other posters have a good reason to explain their answers to ensure others making similar enquires understand why they can't just complete a template.
                      I do not "just complete a template". I read relevant legislation and rules. I have been reading, interpreting and implementing various EU and US regulations for over 10 years. I believe I am quite capable of understanding the requirements; I just don't want to type all those templates from scratch myself. Accountants are not born with omniscient powers; they also read and learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X