• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swapping Umbrellas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping Umbrellas

edit
    Last edited by dertyb; 30 August 2007, 20:40.

Normally you tell them you're leaving and that's it. You are the customer, after all, and it's your money they're spending.

But if it's who I think it is, you are going to have problems... Read your Ts&Cs very carefully, especially the bit about termination.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Check how much of your money they are holding on to - and what the exit clause on your contract withTHEM says - assuming it starts with P and end with 4.
      They have various ways of trying to hold back money, and stop you from leaving - their tactics change regularly. In my day it was a £500 "loyalty payment" they took of your first pay. The last one I heard of was a payment to leave them!
      If you yell, loud and long at a high enough level about lack of service you CAN get your money back. I know - cos I managed it!You can always threaten with small claims court - I doubt their contract would stand up!

They used to have a cut-off point somewhere early in the month for that month's pay - my advice would be to change at that point - ie if cut-off is 10th of month make sure they dont get any payments after the 10th of the last month - it would be far easier for them to hang onto when they suddenly realise they arent getting your money.

The odd agency wont change brollies etc except at a renewal point - been there as well, so check with them!

You aren't the first to be caught by them, you certainly wont be the last.

Comment

I think you have to spend £1500 in fees before you can leave!!! You should have read the multiple threads on this board before you signed up! Don't you hate it when people say that!!!

Comment

Working...
        X