• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying 24.75% tax in Spain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying 24.75% tax in Spain?

IT Contracting in Spain: Money & Tax :: Contractor UK

As of January 2004, there has been an option for inbound expatriate contractors, as long as they have not lived or worked in Spain for the preceding 5 years, to take advantage of a flat tax rate of 24.75%.
    This looks great. Does anybody know if us IT contractors can take advantage of this? I'm finding so little information about it on the internet.

Originally posted by ujjain View Post

This looks great. Does anybody know if us IT contractors can take advantage of this? I'm finding so little information about it on the internet.
    Same in Denmark, except rates are bound to be higher than Spain. Not a lot of contracting roles in Spain though. Social taxes might be added on top, for example I'm paying 26% plus 5% social tax or so. Think of it as National Insurance.

Comment

Can you find a contract in Spain?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Can you find a contract in Spain?
        I suspect the OP is hoping to incorporate in Spain whilst working in UK and pay Spanish tax, which, as we know, won't work......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I suspect the OP is hoping to incorporate in Spain whilst working in UK and pay Spanish tax, which, as we know, won't work......
          I never thought this would be possible.

Is it ever possible to use your Limited company abroad and keep paying taxes in the United Kingdom? I'd expect the local tax agency not be happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            I did wonder if the tax tail was wagging the business dog.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Is it ever possible to use your Limited company abroad and keep paying taxes in the United Kingdom? I'd expect the local tax agency not be happy about that.
              Not unless you're Google/Starbucks/Amazon/etc
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Contracts in Spain are thin on the ground and rates not that great though the tanking pound helps...

Comment

Yes. I spent lots of time flitting between countries very short term. Co and personal maintained uk tax resident.

Some potuguese withholding tax was paid though.

Comment

There are 4 factors to take into consideration before contracting abroad.
                    1 Tax rate
                    2 Employers NI rate
                    3 Employees NI rate
                    4 Allowable expenses.
                    Consider these factors whether deciding whether 24.75 % is a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X