• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP - Monthly & lump sum investment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIPP - Monthly & lump sum investment

I'm looking at II and HL to set up my SIPP at the moment in my next financial year (October). Probably II as the costs will be cheaper, as I will get to £25000 invested pretty quickly, and I think that is the cut off where they become cheaper than HL.

I am looking at investing £1000 - £2000 per month and then topping up with a lump sum towards my Y/E once I know my annual figures. My accountant has advised that I should speak to a recommended IFA, to make sure the SIPP allows lump sum payments as some don't. Alternatively, he said he would look at the setup contract and charge me £60 for it. Either of these are fine, as he is only charging my £60 to review the contract, but he doesn't seem keen to do that, and hasn't given me the name of an IFA yet.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had used II and put money in through regular payments and irregular lump sums? If not, who have you used? So if it does come down to him reviewing the contract, I can get him do it for one product which I know other people have used, rather than waste his time and my money on a product I know I can't use.

Cheers

HL do allow both a regular amount and a lump sum, can't comment on II
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Interactive investor allow lump sums alongside your direct debit too. I use them and adopt the same approach.

Comment

You can do both with HL also. However you might want to check any differences in making payment. With HL I had to send in a company cheque and indicate its a company contribution.

Comment

You can do a bank transfer to II from your company account but you still need to fill in and post a form saying what it is for.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. Will start the ball rolling now.

Comment

I moved my SIPP from HL to II due to high charges. do not expect a similar website experience from II, it is basic but it works. I recommend II but use other sites for research etc...
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
                I'm looking at II and HL to set up my SIPP at the moment in my next financial year (October). Probably II as the costs will be cheaper, as I will get to £25000 invested pretty quickly, and I think that is the cut off where they become cheaper than HL.

I am looking at investing £1000 - £2000 per month and then topping up with a lump sum towards my Y/E once I know my annual figures. My accountant has advised that I should speak to a recommended IFA, to make sure the SIPP allows lump sum payments as some don't. Alternatively, he said he would look at the setup contract and charge me £60 for it. Either of these are fine, as he is only charging my £60 to review the contract, but he doesn't seem keen to do that, and hasn't given me the name of an IFA yet.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had used II and put money in through regular payments and irregular lump sums? If not, who have you used? So if it does come down to him reviewing the contract, I can get him do it for one product which I know other people have used, rather than waste his time and my money on a product I know I can't use.

Cheers
                Why on earth would you pay an IFA or an accountant to check that. just contact the SIPP provider and ask them.

Comment

WHS.

I pay a lump sum every month into HL SIPP. The reason is the regular payment is a direct debit and with my payment dates varying I don't want them helping themselves to my account at the wrong time, or having the hassle of trying to cancel or vary the DD.

The thing I really wished I'd known is that they make me fill out a FORM and write a CHEQUE!!! Nice online system for making personal payments, but for a company contribution HL are still in the stone age.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I use II too. I have made lump sum payments personally, but also do employer contributions on a monthly direct debit. One minor niggle: they'll only set up the monthly direct debit for the 1st of every month, but if you want to use their regular investment service to get sensible trading fees, they only invest your money towards the end of the month. So your money sits in the SIPP as cash for 3 weeks. I queried this and they apologised but couldn't change either date.

Comment

Working...
                    X