• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's up with HMRC online ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    Well, care what you wish for. My two logins are now linked to the same account, I can switch between personal and business but there is no sign on Ltd services any more ...

-----

So how can I submit and pay a VAT return in 2 days without access to HMRC online services ? Tried to contact helpline all day to no avail ..
    Keep trying.

Oddly with busy lines I find I get through on a landline quicker...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sounds like they've screwed up your account and removed the Ltd services if you can't get access to them now. Hopefully it's isolated rather than a wider 'improvement' we'll all have to suffer through.

Let us know how you get on so we're aware of what joys HMRC are bringing us in their continued govup.

BTW: You can pay the VAT via normal banking and then complain you couldn't submit the return in time if they don't sort it out for you. That way they at least get their money so it's just the paperwork they're waiting for. Worse case is you'll get a £100 fine (unless it's changed in recent years) for late filing. Not sure if they also apply a financial late payment penalty so I'd make the payment within the time window. I presume you have the VAT figures so know the payment due and just need to be able to complete the online VAT return once the service is letting you. I don't have direct debit set up for mine so always manually pay via online banking after completing the return, but you can pay now if you wanted to.
      Last edited by Hobosapien; 3 August 2016, 09:50.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
        I had separate personal and Ltd logins, used them for years.

Just tried to submit a VAT return for June at the last minute and it looks like both my accounts are now personal .. switching to business taxes looks like a page for self-employed, no Ltd services at all, just self-assessment etc.

I will call them tomorrow, but if it is something that can't be resolved promptly what are my options to submit VAT Return and pay before the deadline (7th of August, right ?)
        There is no such thing as a personal or business account, there is just an account which you can add certain services on, what happens when you try to re-add VAT? When I moved it from one account to another VAT was the easiest as I just had to put in the reg number, and some details from the last return (Corp and PAYE needed an authentication code sent though the post)
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          There is no such thing as a personal or business account, there is just an account which you can add certain services on, what happens when you try to re-add VAT? When I moved it from one account to another VAT was the easiest as I just had to put in the reg number, and some details from the last return (Corp and PAYE needed an authentication code sent though the post)
          There is now. It says you can switch to your personal account for thing like pension and then switch to business for SA etc. And they are linked despite being different logins.

It wouldn't allow to re-add it again. Says already registered or not eligible.

Comment

It wouldn't allow to re-add it again. Says already registered or not eligible.
            When I re-registered for VAT it kept telling me it was already registered, but there was some other VAT related service I had to remove first. It got very confusing.

Have you tried a different computer or browser? I wonder if the server gets its sessions in a twist.

I looked at my business one yesterday and was fine. Only the personal one wants to send a text message code so they're not quite the same.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              When I re-registered for VAT it kept telling me it was already registered, but there was some other VAT related service I had to remove first. It got very confusing.

Have you tried a different computer or browser? I wonder if the server gets its sessions in a twist.

I looked at my business one yesterday and was fine. Only the personal one wants to send a text message code so they're not quite the same.
              Yes same on different PC.

I think it is the 2 step verification that messed it up, I had prompt to set it up on both accounts, entering passport details, NIN etc. Although there is an option to skip it it wouldn't allow me to logon without it in the next step.

The new system must be one of those £300m outsourced projects ... Helpline advisor said they were flooded with calls this week.

Comment

I have had issues with the HMRC online site too over the past year. I think the switch to the gov.uk verify system has broken some accounts as I can now only access my SA using the verify service and not using the government gateway number that I did previously. That would have been OK if the gov.uk verify 2FA system worked properly as it tends to spit out invalid numbers to my mobile phone ... tax payers money well spent

Comment

Working...
                X