• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract signed, Start date TBA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract signed, Start date TBA?

I've signed a contract for a new gig close to home and I'm very happy with it.
    But the contract states start date TBA and to top it all I found out they still haven't agreed the budget for the project yet with the end client!
    I'm told they will be sorting it this week but I kinda feel they are stalling.

Well if they haven't got budget agreed what else can they be doing except stalling?

File it under 'Irons in the fire' and carry on looking for work. It will either rise from the ashes like a majestic phoenix or it will die a timely death. As long as you aren't putting off work waiting for it you've lost nothing.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
        I've signed a contract for a new gig close to home and I'm very happy with it.
        But the contract states start date TBA and to top it all I found out they still haven't agreed the budget for the project yet with the end client!
        I'm told they will be sorting it this week but I kinda feel they are stalling.

Had one of them with an investment bank. Still got the contract at home with a start date TBA. The contract was emailed to me in September 2012 and I'm still awaiting a start date. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Had one of them with an investment bank. Still got the contract at home with a start date TBA. The contract was emailed to me in September 2012 and I'm still awaiting a start date. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.
          Hope you haven't lost heart
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Agree with NLUK. It'll either happen or it wont.

Agent probably knows this but is trying to hook you in. i.e. convince you its going to happen so you dont look for something else.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Hope you haven't lost heart
              I'm still sat here claiming JSA, waiting and hoping. It'll happen. You'll see. Good ol' Gil will close the deal.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Agree with NLUK. It'll either happen or it wont.
                I can now see why you are so good at all this.

Genius
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Well they say the budgets agreed but the end client are not sure when about the start date.
                  Could be 2 weeks still
                  Even agent says he understands if I want to look else where.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                    Well they say the budgets agreed but the end client are not sure when about the start date.
                    Could be 2 weeks still
                    Even agent says he understands if I want to look else where.
                    I don't understand why you consider yourself off the market.

Comment

Working...
                    X