• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child care vouchers & other benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child care vouchers & other benefits

Does anyone know of any Umbrella companies that cater for child care vouchers (max £55 p/w) which can be offset against tax (not a business expense but treated in its entirity as an added benefit.)
    My contract is inside IR35 and I do not want to get involved in any schemes, but am interested in getting what is legitimate under the rules.
    In addition does anyone know how umbrella companies can provide benefits such as statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity leave?

Originally posted by Diva
    Does anyone know of any Umbrella companies that cater for child care vouchers (max £55 p/w) which can be offset against tax (not a business expense but treated in its entirity as an added benefit.)
    My contract is inside IR35 and I do not want to get involved in any schemes, but am interested in getting what is legitimate under the rules.
    In addition does anyone know how umbrella companies can provide benefits such as statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity leave?

As far as I know Prosperity4 is the only umbrella company that is able to offset childcare.
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money
      As far as I know Prosperity4 is the only umbrella company that is able to offset childcare.
      How is that possible? Surely the rules that apply to P4 apply to all. Or does this come under the 'special dispensations' crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
        How is that possible? Surely the rules that apply to P4 apply to all. Or does this come under the 'special dispensations' crap?
        I'm ure others could if they wanted to but it is more paperwork for them and it is cheaper for them to not offer it.

Comment

Not happy to go with P4 as the reviews do not seem to be good. Was looking at Parasol but they are not offering it at the moment. Found another company Sunday Solutions that do a Salary + Scheme, i.e. as I will be PAYE + allowable dispensation and paying Class 1 NI, all the statutory entitlements that are offered to PAYE would apply. The child element is offered to all provided the company can do it.

Has anyone had any dealings with Sunday Solutions?

Comment

name sounds familliar so they have prolly been slated on these forums fairly recently

Comment

Some contractors on the PCG web site give themselves vouchers via their own companies.

Comment

I can confirm that this is not a problem if you have your own company, Umbrella's probably cannot be bothered with the extra paperwork.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                X