• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unreasonable contract clause?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco
    I get the company secretary to sign all of mine, never had anybody so much as bat an eyelid yet. As the company secretary deals with all of the business administration it makes sese that she should sign all the paperwork (i.e. contracts) and the fact that she has signed all of the paperwork shows she is playing an active part in the business should I decide to pay her, or give her a dividend.
    Ardesco, you are right! I will definately consider this in the future.

Originally posted by Mordac
    If it's at the clients cost, and a cost is not specified, you are at liberty to quote any rate you like to provide the client with any information they request once the contract has been concluded. Who is the agency, that might shed some light?
    Mordac, you're a star. Thanks for pointing this out.
    I don't want to name the agency yet, as I'm still negotiating.

MarillionFan, I'm not trying to be rude, it's just that if I give any more details about what I do it will be obvious who I am. My particular niche is very small indeed.

I have already had Bauer and Cottrell review the contract from an IR35 perspective, and the agency where happy to change the contract to reflect the fact that we have a B2B relationship rather than a B2employee relationship.

Many thanks for all your help!

Kind Regards,
    Zilver

Comment

Working...
    X