• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35, specific question about imminent changes to T&S

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, for those legislative geeks, the T&S legislation was voted through as part of the Budget Resolutions late on Tuesday. The vote was forced by the SNP and, of the largest parties, only the SNP voted against the T&S legislation (307 vs. 62).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      BTW, for those legislative geeks, the T&S legislation was voted through as part of the Budget Resolutions late on Tuesday. The vote was forced by the SNP and, of the largest parties, only the SNP voted against the T&S legislation (307 vs. 62).
      That excited me a little.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

AFAIK Dublin T&S would be allowed anyway given that it's overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          AFAIK Dublin T&S would be allowed anyway given that it's overseas.
          Good point, but IIRC, the consultation was ambiguous about internal travel in that case (i.e. to the port/airport). Anyway, if it isn't H2W travel, it isn't in scope.

Comment

Fair point, JamesBrown! and I've implemented enough reg change that I should know that already!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Bear in mind how the legislative process works w/r to your desire for something "final". I believe this FB hasn't even passed through Second Reading yet.
              Timescales shown here

Finance (No.2) Bill 2015-16 — UK Parliament

Comment

Working...
              X