• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who shall I use for my business banking? ££

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Santander have an annoying habit of adding your personal accounts into your business online banking, which I don't like the idea of!
    Natwest do the same, the two accounts are separate but show on the same dashboard, the other director has a dashboard set up for just the business account.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Natwest do the same, the two accounts are separate but show on the same dashboard, the other director has a dashboard set up for just the business account.
      RBS do the same with mortgages on personal accounts which I thought was interesting. Different to a business account and personal account though. A mortgage is still an personal transaction..
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        RBS do the same with mortgages on personal accounts which I thought was interesting. Different to a business account and personal account though. A mortgage is still an personal transaction..
        I wonder if you have an offset mortgage does it count the funds in your business account too then
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          TL;DR

Your business bank should be the same as your personal bank, as most transfers will be between the two so makes sense they are the same organisation
          Nope.

If my personal bank has technical trouble then at least I have another account I can get money from.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            So Metro is only free if you keep a £5000+ balance. Otherwise it's £5.

That's £5000 that could be earning £4.54 in Aldermore while you use a free bank.
            Same deal as Cater Allen. Both have refferal schemes which wave that requirement though.

Comment

Originally posted by fool View Post
              Same deal as Cater Allen. Both have refferal schemes which wave that requirement though.
              Anyone with Metro who can hit a brother up in that case?
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                So Metro is only free if you keep a £5000+ balance. Otherwise it's £5.

That's £5000 that could be earning £4.54 in Aldermore while you use a free bank.
                A business bank account that pays interest?

Comment

Originally posted by fool View Post
                  Can't find anything about referral schemes at Cater Allen or Metrobank, but if anyone knows otherwise at these or other banks and would like to share the spoils, pls PM me.

Comment

Banks

For Cater Allan you need to be referred by one of their introducers. They are taking referrals but not setting up any further introducers at this stage and no idea when or if they will be in the future.

With Metro, they're setting up arrangements and referral agreements with accountants/introducers at the moment, including ourselves. Some already have in place (e.g. SJD).

Comment

I'm moving to MB, they pay 0.25 on business savings account.

Comment

Working...
                      X