• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who shall I use for my business banking? ££

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been with Cater Allen for years. Never had any issues. I use telephone banking rather than online and their call centre is quick to answer and UK based. They can come across as old-fashioned but I sort of like that.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      so you're constantly moving money in and out to pay salary, dividends, tax bills etc? all to save £5/mo?!
      I haven't had a dividend since April, but yes for the salary, expenses and tax

I have a duty to maximise returns for shareholders
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        I haven't had a dividend since April, but yes for the salary, expenses and tax

I have a duty to maximise returns for shareholders
        each to their own

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Do you know what a "business day" is?

They are next business day if you do your transaction before 4pm. They arrive in the other bank account between 1-2pm in the afternoon if your bank has no issue with receiving FP. Some receiving banks delay receiving FP that are sent in the afternoon until the next day so they can earn some interest. All the banks that had proper issues receiving FP e.g. Nationwide were made to sort out their systems a few years ago.
          Yes i know what a business day is and sometimes they don't make it.

Do you know which country is the largest exporter of broccoli in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by fool View Post
            I find both sending and receiving payments with carter allen is generally a 3 day affair but that's probably because I do my transfers at night after work, but still it's a bit meh.

Other than that, not much to gripe about but that'd be enough to move to metro if I didn't find my experience at the local branch a bit too slimey saleman-y.
            If i want a payment 100% on time i always do it 3 days in advance but apart from this and an older online banking affair its ok

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
              Do you know which country is the largest exporter of broccoli in the world?
              Spain
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Spain
                I bet you googles that! I thought it was Ecuador after a stint in sea freight 20 years ago i remembered this useless and now proven incorrect fact..

Comment

I've been using barclays since I started contracting and no major issues so far. The app is good and you don't need to go through phone authentication when you call them using the app, which is nice. I can't be doing without faster payments in this day and age, so that alone is reason enough for me to stay away from Carter Allen.

I noticed though that since I came out of the free introduction period, they've been charging me as if I was on the 'mixed payments plan' which costs £0.65 per electronic transfer. This tariff is best if you use a lot of cash and cheques. Since I've never paid cash in and only once been to a branch to get cash out (left my wallet at home when contracting 200 miles away ), I'm at a loss as to why they would think this was an appropriate tariff.

I'm waiting to hear back on my complaint, but I should get this refunded. If not I'll just switch.

Comment

TL;DR

Your business bank should be the same as your personal bank, as most transfers will be between the two so makes sense they are the same organisation
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      TL;DR

Your business bank should be the same as your personal bank, as most transfers will be between the two so makes sense they are the same organisation
                      Santander have an annoying habit of adding your personal accounts into your business online banking, which I don't like the idea of!
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X