• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who shall I use for my business banking? ££

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I hear good things about Cater on here but also hear the most complaints. I'm with Santander and have been very happy with them for many years.
    I bet you got in when it was free banking for life though, like I did
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I bet you got in when it was free banking for life though, like I did
      Well yes and no... I did but I changed companies recently so had to open a new account
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well yes and no... I did but I changed companies recently so had to open a new account
        I bet you shut down, took ER, split the money with the wife and avoided tax to do it, didn't you??
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I bet you shut down, took ER, split the money with the wife and avoided tax to do it, didn't you??
          Gave my kids shares first to bring the tax liability down a bit naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
            Unsure whether Cater Allen are deliberately trying to NOT take on new accounts at the moment or whether they're just difficult gits...but we've stopped recommending them. Reason being they keep rejecting applications for really daft reasons, and refuse to speak direct to the client...so we end up with protracted daft conversations with us playing piggy in the middle.
            We have had this same problem with Cater Allen.

Comment

I am with Cater Allen. The online banking is about 10 years behind the curve but it does what it needs to just about. The transfers are slow not always next day even if before 4pm.

Its free and i see no reason to leave as i have accepted the small issues

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                MyCo's Co-Op account has no fees, and even pays some interest and £25 per annum loyalty bonus. Not sure if that deal is still available, as MyCo has had this account for approx 12 years, but it might be worth having a look.
                Wasn't the Coop the only bank to fail the stress test if there was another crash.. Or something rather unsettling like that?

Comment

Wasn't the Coop the only bank to fail the stress test if there was another crash.. Or something rather unsettling like that?
                  Yes, but provided you don't have over £75K with them you will be covered if they fail by the compensation scheme.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
                    I am with Cater Allen. The online banking is about 10 years behind the curve but it does what it needs to just about. The transfers are slow not always next day even if before 4pm.

Its free and i see no reason to leave as i have accepted the small issues
                    Do you know what a "business day" is?

They are next business day if you do your transaction before 4pm. They arrive in the other bank account between 1-2pm in the afternoon if your bank has no issue with receiving FP. Some receiving banks delay receiving FP that are sent in the afternoon until the next day so they can earn some interest. All the banks that had proper issues receiving FP e.g. Nationwide were made to sort out their systems a few years ago.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                      MyCo's Co-Op account has no fees, and even pays some interest and £25 per annum loyalty bonus. Not sure if that deal is still available, as MyCo has had this account for approx 12 years, but it might be worth having a look.
                      Still available for Federation of Small Business members, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X