• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SDC and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post

I'd say that counts as proof. But I was lucky to be in the meeting where that took place, and lucky to be working with someone in that position who gets it. I don't see how anyone going through an agency could ever prove it.
    Over the years I've worked both direct and through agencies and whether management get it is nothing to do with how I've obtained the contract. This is because some of the managers use to be contractors and took the management job to move up the food chain. These sort of managers tend to be good to work with as they let you get on with providing the service with limited hassle.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Over the years I've worked both direct and through agencies and whether management get it is nothing to do with how I've obtained the contract.
      All true, but sort of missing the point. Lisa asked how you could prove that no one in the chain had the right to exercise SDC. When the chain consists solely of client and YourCo, then the chain is short enough that being able to prove no right to SDC becomes a lot more feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        The official line is that use of the tool will be anonymous. However, a later interview suggested a user would receive a review ID that could be used as evidence. So not really anonymous.
        Well that will still be anonymous if the only person who sees the ID is the user, no ?

Boo

Comment

Working...
        X