• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Wins Best Accountant Award Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD Wins Best Accountant Award Again

SJD wins best accountant award for 9th year in a row:
    ContractorUK Reader Awards 2015: the winners :: Contractor UK

To any current SJD clients, what are they doing that makes them the best? Is it tax planning or client service? Or something else?

Most votes due to most clients?

Comment

Surprising, as they seem to be losing clients left, right and centre since the vc takeover. But, yes, Andrew's is a good point, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew@NymanLinden View Post
        Most votes due to most clients?
        Good point- this thread has very quickly run its course....

Comment

They claim to have 15,000 clients so they will always win a vote like this. It is like asking the people of China and Switzerland, where is the best place to live, China will always win due to the numbers.

Well done to SJD though, clearly the price hike has not done them any harm.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            Well done to SJD though, clearly the price hike has not done them any harm.
            Indeed. It's very easy to knock them for their apparent unwillingness to depart from their spreadsheet model, but that aside, their customer service is clearly excellent. You don't get to that size, and stay that size, by being rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              Indeed. It's very easy to knock them for their apparent unwillingness to depart from their spreadsheet model, but that aside, their customer service is clearly excellent. You don't get to that size, and stay that size, by being rubbish.
              I liked their spreadsheet

Unless you've tried lots of different accountants, how are you supposed to vote for 'best'? I've had two, and that's probably one more than most of the voters. In reality, you'll only ever vote for your own accountant - if you think a different one is 'best' then why are you with the one you're with?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                My accountant had an online portal but went back to using spreadsheets. They found that most if their clients simply couldn't or more likely wouldn't enter their accounts in the online portal.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I liked their spreadsheet

Unless you've tried lots of different accountants, how are you supposed to vote for 'best'? I've had two, and that's probably one more than most of the voters. In reality, you'll only ever vote for your own accountant - if you think a different one is 'best' then why are you with the one you're with?
                  This.

I liked their spreadsheet as well but now I'm on freeagent I've been called a turncoat cause I was raving about it. Really it's just the tool I'm using now and it's good. So were the spreadsheets but I'm not on the at the moment. Never thought I'd ever defend spreadsheets for anything over portals but it's close here.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I still use the spreadsheet even though I haven't been their customer for 5 years. (It's a free download for anyone).

What do non-spreadsheet, non-online users do? Or is it the old fashioned way of bunging all your receipts in an envelope and letting your accountant go through them?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X