• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice Period / Contract Breach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is of course the possibility the OP has done something wrong and it's a fair instant termination. We never really get the full picture.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Yet another client stitch-up. Something changed and they decided they wanted to save some money. So make up some crap to get rid of contractor straight away.

You ain't the first and won't be the last I'm afraid.

If it was, I'd possibly pursue the one week notice. Not too much effort, few letters, maybe small claims. Might be a bit of a laugh at least and they might think ffs just pay him the week to get rid of him.

Yes I know its no work no pay but this sort of thing happens too often I think. If either party wants rid then invoke notice if you want by all means (I'll be first to defend either parties rights on this one) but this sort of thing is just bollacks way to treat people.

Imagine the fallout if you phoned agency on friday, made up some lies, and then said because of this Im not finishing now with no notice. It would not go down well. I'm sure there are contractors who would do this also but there we go.
      If you can prove whatever breach, then fine, but don't expect your money from the agency any time soon.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        If you can prove whatever breach, then fine, but don't expect your money from the agency any time soon.
        Maybe not but nothing to lose by persuing it a little is there? Especially if OP is going to be on the bench.

Why not send off the invoice/reminders? Be a laugh winding up the client/agency if nothing else. Who knows the might just think ffs just pay it.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X