• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A horrible thought ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A horrible thought ...

Would the tax-dodger Osborne consider using the APN legislation in combination with IR35 challenges for PSC users ? I.e issue COP8 enquiry notices on all PSC (personal service company) users for the last 4 tax years then use the APN legislation to demand disputed PAYE/NIC upfront ? This would raise a tidy sum for the treasury.

I think you should delete this post immediately, just in case they haven't seen it yet.

Comment

That was a rhetorical question I hope.

Of course they will. Furthermore it will be applied retrospectively. And will be enforced by bank account raids.

Comment

He has to define what a PSC is, first.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          He has to define what a PSC is, first.
          You sure about that!?

That said, when they use the newly used 'retrospective' action on all those people who should have known better, I'll piss myself laughing at them when its their turn.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            You sure about that!?

That said, when they use the newly used 'retrospective' action on all those people who should have known better, I'll piss myself laughing at them when its their turn.
            I'm not sure about anything this government is doing any more, to be honest :-(

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              I'm not sure about anything this government is doing any more, to be honest :-(
              We did vote in Labour didn't we? It feels like it.

Comment

Originally posted by javadude View Post
                We did vote in Labour didn't we? It feels like it.
                Feels like we voted for the communist party. My grudging respect for Osborne has evaporated having read about his family business's tax planning arrangements (i.e. pay no tax)

Comment

Originally posted by neil99 View Post
                  My grudging respect for Osborne has evaporated having read about his family business's tax planning arrangements (i.e. pay no tax)
                  Some mishtake shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by yakitoo View Post
                    Some mishtake shirley?
                    Probably learnt a few tricks from Hodge.

Comment

Working...
                    X