• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A horrible thought ..."

Collapse

• yakitoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Probably learnt a few tricks from Hodge.
    Ah, bless Her.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by yakitoo View Post
    Some mishtake shirley?
    Probably learnt a few tricks from Hodge.

Leave a comment:

• yakitoo
    replied
    Originally posted by neil99 View Post
    My grudging respect for Osborne has evaporated having read about his family business's tax planning arrangements (i.e. pay no tax)
    Some mishtake shirley?

Leave a comment:

• neil99
    replied
    Originally posted by javadude View Post
    We did vote in Labour didn't we? It feels like it.
    Feels like we voted for the communist party. My grudging respect for Osborne has evaporated having read about his family business's tax planning arrangements (i.e. pay no tax)

Leave a comment:

• javadude
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    I'm not sure about anything this government is doing any more, to be honest :-(
    We did vote in Labour didn't we? It feels like it.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    You sure about that!?

That said, when they use the newly used 'retrospective' action on all those people who should have known better, I'll piss myself laughing at them when its their turn.
    I'm not sure about anything this government is doing any more, to be honest :-(

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    He has to define what a PSC is, first.
    You sure about that!?

That said, when they use the newly used 'retrospective' action on all those people who should have known better, I'll piss myself laughing at them when its their turn.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    He has to define what a PSC is, first.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    That was a rhetorical question I hope.

Of course they will. Furthermore it will be applied retrospectively. And will be enforced by bank account raids.

Leave a comment:

• matzie
    replied
    I think you should delete this post immediately, just in case they haven't seen it yet.

Leave a comment:

• neil99
    started a topic A horrible thought ...

A horrible thought ...

Would the tax-dodger Osborne consider using the APN legislation in combination with IR35 challenges for PSC users ? I.e issue COP8 enquiry notices on all PSC (personal service company) users for the last 4 tax years then use the APN legislation to demand disputed PAYE/NIC upfront ? This would raise a tidy sum for the treasury.

Working...
X