• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are all IR35 Review companies the same ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all IR35 Review companies the same ?

I've been quoted from Abbey Tax £185 + VAT for a review which takes 5 days and £50 + VAT per day extra if I want it quicker. Its a full review I believe and is discounted. My question is around the fee and is it expensive and and although I've seen some cheap and cheerful rates I don't want a lightweight doing it but i was expecting a bit less than £185, as I'm on a flat rate VAT scheme I pay the VAT. Looking at the various ads on the forum its hard to choose. I know its a tricky one asking for recommendations.... but...

Abbey Tax will be very thorough and will provide a worthwhile review.

Many accountants do include this service as part of their fees, especially worthwhile if they are IPSE accredited, plus you can chat with them around your working conditions too.

You should always bear in mind that most contracts (especially agency) will be high risk, as the majority of the time they don't reflect the working practices.

So, it's more important for you discuss your working conditions in depth to see that you point away from employment.

Comment

It's discounted for ipse members

https://www.ipse.co.uk/contract-review

Comment

Thanks guys , very good points. I'll check IPSE out as I don't think my accountant is a member, he's very good but defers such things to Abbey, which is fair enough if i want to use them. Hence the discount. Happy to use them though as they do have a good rep.

And yes Louisa my working conditions, IMO, seem to point me outside of IR35 but who knows and Abbey's questionaire was pretty detailed as you would expect.

Thanks again Louisa and pond

Comment

Working...
        X