• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

12 Month Maximum for Contractors - Client Rule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been contracting for some time
    If so, I'm surprised that you ahve never heard of these time limits.

In banking they are really quite common...
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thanks again to everyone for their replies. Special thanks to ChimpMaster for a very well-considered and thoughtful post.

As I say, I am not new to contracting, and naturally am aware that some banks have limits on how long a contractor can remain. In my experience, where there is a limit it is usually around 2 years. My question was related specifically to any such limits at Citi, as the rule there doesn't appear to be well-known. As I say, my contract will unexpectedly finish earlier than it would otherwise have and I find myself looking for a new contract at short notice.

I try to make any policies affecting contractors my business, and would advise any contractor to do the same. Where appropriate, I give feedback to the client if I believe it will be beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelstar View Post
        Hi - I did a PM role at Citi in 2014, this was the rule then and was rigidly applied!
        Thanks for this, very useful. Was the rule widely known in your department - was it something which was written down anywhere or something which people became aware of via word of mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by whatif View Post
          Thanks for this, very useful. Was the rule widely known in your department - was it something which was written down anywhere or something which people became aware of via word of mouth?
          Yes pretty well known, via word of mouth rather than spelled out by Citi at the outset of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelstar View Post
            Yes pretty well known, via word of mouth rather than spelled out by Citi at the outset of the contract.
            Many thanks for your reply. I raised the matter and hopefully the 12 month rule will be communicated to contractors at the outset now.

Comment

Working...
            X