• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to contracting. Advice needed on PAYE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to contracting. Advice needed on PAYE

I have recently joined the contracting world and have set myself up as a limited company. I have already earned £15k this financial year with my previous employer. How much should I pay myself via PAYE to avoid too much tax/NI until the next financial year. Minimum wage?? Or less??

Sounds like something you should ask your accountant about.

Have you got one?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by ridgersf View Post
      I have recently joined the contracting world and have set myself up as a limited company. I have already earned £15k this financial year with my previous employer. How much should I pay myself via PAYE to avoid too much tax/NI until the next financial year. Minimum wage?? Or less??
      As you have earned over the personal allowance already, taking a salary in this tax year would not be the most tax efficient way of operating.

If you are not worried about having enough years pension contributions, then I would advise on just taking dividends up to 5th April 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
        As you have earned over the personal allowance already, taking a salary in this tax year would not be the most tax efficient way of operating.

If you are not worried about having enough years pension contributions, then I would advise on just taking dividends up to 5th April 2016 Assuming that you have checked your IR35 status and are outside and therefore entitled to draw dividends.
        FTFY
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          FTFY
          what more do you want for free advice!

Originally posted by ridgersf View Post
          How much should I pay myself via PAYE to avoid too much tax/NI until the next financial year. Minimum wage?? Or less??
          Given the OP is questioning whether to pay minimum wage or less "to avoid tax/ni", I would assume it's safe to say he is operating outside of IR35 (although don't hold me to it!).

Comment

Off-topic posts removed. Do not make sockie accusations, even in fun, in the professional forums. If genuinely suspicious - report to moderator.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will be paying pension contributions so will contact my accountant.

Comment

Working...
              X